iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

My moms house is water logged.

Started by Wildflower, April 17, 2014, 03:24:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildflower

Many of you that have attended one of the many pig roast we have held here would have met my mom Sharon and her husband Gene. Here are some pics from their house.

This is looking out their front door

Co-owner of The Forestry Forum.

WmFritz

With the rain we had this past week,  there's a lot of that going on around here, unfortunately.

Vicki and I were out and about today. The rivers are still real high, but we noticed the creeks were going down a bit.

I hope they get dried out quick.
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

beenthere

Sure sorry to see that.  Not much is worse than being under water.

Normal for spring there, or this a rare thing this year?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Wildflower

First time. I guess it would be normal for the water to raise, but this is the first time come in the house. :'(
Co-owner of The Forestry Forum.

Paul_H

Yuck,that makes for a lot of work and anxiety.
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

isawlogs

I feel for them, its never good to have water in your home. She sure is not of an age to have to deal with this.  :-\
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

WDH

That is really awful.  Clean-up will be awful, too.   
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Magicman

Oh my.  We are so sorry for your Mom's woes.  I am afraid that this scene will be played out many times as we all deal with this Winter's fury.   :-\
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

blackfoot griz

Sorry to see that.  I guess I can't complain about a little water this spring in my crawlspace.

Do they have flood insurance?

DonT

That's hard,the worst part will be the clean up.We are seeing a lot of flooding in our area as well.

Mooseherder

customsawyer

Hate to hear/see that. Hope it don't get any worse.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

21incher

Sorry to hear this. Hopefully the water recedes quickly so the cleanup can start and there are Forestry Forum members in the area that can help..
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Corley5

That's bad  :(  We've had a string of crazy seasons  :-\
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

drobertson

Just awful, hopefully the damage won't be a total loss, 
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

pine

It has been a very wet year in so many locales.  Sorry to hear of your mom's woes.

Roxie

Please give your Mom a big hug from me!
Say when

Busy Beaver Lumber

sorry to see that. Prayers are with you and Mom
Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
Epilog Mini 18 Laser Engraver with rotary axis
Digital Wood Carver CNC Machine
6 x 10 dump trailer
Grizzly 15in Spiral Cut Surface Planer
Grizzly 6in Spiral Cut Joiner
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

Save a tree...eat a beaver!

SwampDonkey

Not a fun situation especially when it still ain't all that warm yet outside. I had an inch of water on the floor here from melt water the first of the week. It's gone now. Not from a river, just ground water with all the fast melt. There is still 2 feet to 30" of snow in the woods and still a far bit in the fields. Next week is going to be warm and rain most of the week. The river ice in this area is all gone, so at least it won't make ice dams. Even the head pond ice is gone in the area.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!