iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Worst job in the USA

Started by Southside, April 16, 2014, 02:57:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southside

Watching the news this morning and they reported that according to some annual ranking being a lumberjack is the worst job in the US in 2014, of course they also said being enlisted was the third worst job, and being a mathematician was the best job, ever try building a porch or wiping your butt with algebra while dodging an IED? Not sure if its funny or scary how folks view the world these days. 

Well lunch is over, time to go skip and jump while singing "I'm a lumberjack and I'm OK....."
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

chainsaw

Worst or most dangerous?I would much rather spend my work days in the woods than any office anywhere.I couldn`t imagine being a burger flipper is a better job than logging.
Earth first,we`ll log the other planets later

beenthere

Southside

Member 247ktmmx beat you to that story this morning. ;)

https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,74553.0.html

Probably would say the best job (most dollar return for physical effort) would be selling dope.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

CCC4

Who goes by "lumberjack" anyway???....no lumber until after it's had a go round at the mill.

Thank You Sponsors!