iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sand blasting in rome ny

Started by husky2100, April 13, 2014, 03:37:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

husky2100

Were can i go to get my truck and trailer frame rust sand blasted off and undercoated for a good price.

Autocar

Is there such a thing as a good price  :D, I'll about bet your flip when you do get a price, around here I believe its in the two grand plus to get the rails blasted. Good luck Bill
Bill

Jhenderson

Around here we have a shop that will do that. He gets about $900 to blast and epoxy paint a pick up chassis if you pull the cab and bed.

xalexjx

id get a needle scaler and do it your self, thats what we do. we use POR15 and it seems to hold up really well its expensive though
Logging and Processed Firewood

husky2100

Can a needle scaler get in between stuff like the tank and the top of the frame

Autocar

Bill

xalexjx

http://www.ingersollrandproducts.com/am-en/products/tools/surface-preparation-finishing-tools/needle-chisel-scalers/industrial-production-needle-and-chisel-scalers/in-line-needle-chisel-scalers/needle-scalers

thats similar to the one we have, just about anywheres you can reach your hand you can get the rust ect off, it really works the best in the seams and stuff which is where the majority of rust will be, usually the flat surfaces dont have much for rust.
Logging and Processed Firewood

Mark K

James Bray use to do all of our sandblasting and painting on trailers. Hes out of saqouit. Runs a construction company too.
Husky 372's-385's,576, 2100
Treefarmer C7D
Franklin 405
Belsaw m-14 sawmill

Thank You Sponsors!