iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

c4d treefarmer

Started by drlewis, April 13, 2014, 10:55:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drlewis

picked  up a c4d this weekend man said its a72 had a ford deisel but has now been repowered to a small cummins.number is 43921d.72 hrs on repower and four brand new firestone tires and  50 50 chains.looking for info on these going to pull firewood for our precceser no welds or repairs on frame or housings thanks

HiTech

Run it like you own it and it will last a long time. They will pull all the wood your processor can handle. They are a nice little skidder.

Autocar

I believe your be well satisfied with it. I have a C7T I know the C4's were lighter tractors but could repaired in your sleep I believe they were used mostly in the northeast and easten Canada. Well built skidders, parts still available have fun with her she will last a life time if you take care of her.
Bill

chester_tree _farmah

Search the site for c4 or tree farmer and u will find a bunch of posts with all kinds of info. That's what I did when I got my C4. That's how I found this site and joined. Plenty of folks on here ran them when they were new machines. They are simple tough little skidders made out of common parts from different manufacturer's that are easy to work on and reliable. Imo. :-)
254xp
C4B Can-Car Tree Farmer
Ford 1720 4wd loader hoe

mad murdock

Welcome drlewis and chester, and yes the tree farmers are great machines!! The C4 is a lot like my '64 Garrett model 15A. Tree Farmer had their beginning with Garrett,nthen sold to CanCar in mid-late '60's.
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

drlewis

thanks i ve had alot of skidders over the years always wanted a c4. found this one an hr away. we sell about 350 cords a year just the two us. have three wood lots so i hope this  tree farmer is good also looking for loads  of firewood del. in s .nh  any parts or advice is welcome. thanks for any  and all help

chester_tree _farmah

For parts and knowledge of old machines like these I don't think u will beat Harold's or Davco. Harold's is in Hampden Maine and Davco is in Farmington Maine. Not to far from u. Thing is with these oldies it all depends on who has been changed over the years. Mine had a Ford 300 industrial gas motor. Not original for sure.
254xp
C4B Can-Car Tree Farmer
Ford 1720 4wd loader hoe

chester_tree _farmah

Oh and thanks welcome murdock. I have read many of your posts and have enjoyed them.
254xp
C4B Can-Car Tree Farmer
Ford 1720 4wd loader hoe

thecfarm

drlewis and chester_tree_farmah welcome to the forum.
chester_tree_farmah,I see you are from Maine. What town?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

chester_tree _farmah

Thanks. I am in Chester. Near Lincoln. How about yourself?
254xp
C4B Can-Car Tree Farmer
Ford 1720 4wd loader hoe

terry f

"Run it like you own it", I like that HiTech, words to live by.

thecfarm

Chesterville,up by Farmington.Only about 20 minutes from Davco. I have only been through Lincoln by way of Route 2.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

drlewis

what year was the winch in cab behind seat. and the arch is not made of tubes. mobel 9 gearomatic. was ford diesel now has a a late model 4 clyinder turbo cummins with a 4 speed borg warner seens like alot power. guy said its 72 thanks

chester_tree _farmah

From what read the rear mount winch was an option early on and standard on some variants including the later D models. The square tube came later too. I think mine is a 68 but not sure really. My number ends in d also and looks like it did have a winch on the back section at some time. I have looked for info on the numbers for these but no luck. Yours may  have the heavier axles on it so u may be ok but I would take er easy with that motor under there. Anyone know where logman48 is? He is a wealth of knowledge on these puppies. Hope he is still around and doing well! I Murdock knows them well too.

Create a gallery and post some pics of the old girl :-)
254xp
C4B Can-Car Tree Farmer
Ford 1720 4wd loader hoe

chester_tree _farmah

I meant lumberjack48...
254xp
C4B Can-Car Tree Farmer
Ford 1720 4wd loader hoe

JustinW_NZ

I bet it looks something like this?

I only recently got this one and a lot of the guys on here had some good words of advice. (which I'm sure I will call on again)
My one there has the ford diesel still so pretty original I think.

Cheers
Justin
Gear I run;
Woodmizer LT40 Super, Treefarmer C4D, 10ton wheel loader.

chester_tree _farmah

254xp
C4B Can-Car Tree Farmer
Ford 1720 4wd loader hoe

ga jones

If it has a round tube roll cage and tube arch it's mid sixtys c4b .8 lug axles rockwell  pr52. Cota transfercase. Davco has every part on it in stock.
380c timberjack c4 treefarmer international trucks jonsered saws. Sugi hara bars d31 komatsu 350 tj grapple

ga jones

Look at my gallery I have pics of mine. It's a c4b pulp wood special
380c timberjack c4 treefarmer international trucks jonsered saws. Sugi hara bars d31 komatsu 350 tj grapple

JustinW_NZ

Quote from: ga jones on April 14, 2014, 09:26:02 PM
If it has a round tube roll cage and tube arch it's mid sixtys c4b .8 lug axles rockwell  pr52. Cota transfercase. Davco has every part on it in stock.

oh, I see my one has 8 wheel lug nuts, so the rockwell pr52 axles good?

No idea what year my one is.

Cheers
Justin
Gear I run;
Woodmizer LT40 Super, Treefarmer C4D, 10ton wheel loader.

chester_tree _farmah

Yes. U see them on a lot of these old machines, old army trucks, mud runners, rock climbers etc. Like anything else they will break if abused and exceed there design specs.. With the 16.9s and original engine u should be good. The pulp wood special with the bigger tires and 353 and rings on all four  was a bit much for them from what I have heard. Bwaaaap Bwaaaap Bwaaaap :-)
254xp
C4B Can-Car Tree Farmer
Ford 1720 4wd loader hoe

Remle

Does it look something like this ? Great score, glad some one from the forum got it. Let us know how it works out.

FFLM

I saw that machine on CL and thought she would be a sweet runner!  If you want to swap that Cummins for a screaming D let me know, we could make that happen  ;)

Welcome to the forum
208 Jack, 372's and F450 Stroker

drlewis

y es thats one i got 72 hrs on repower. no welds that i can see . pins are tight seems to run a move nice .tires are new

drlewis

got the c4 home today. it was repowered with a 3.9 4bt 77hp cummins other then paint its very good  sheet metal is good , u joints tight. no lever for high low  dont know winch way is low or high. if someone could help thanks also going to paint  who has color code and decals thanks

Thank You Sponsors!