iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Spent The Day With My Girls

Started by terry f, April 13, 2014, 01:41:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

terry f

Neither has a name, but it was a good day, no snow.

HiTech

Nice looking girls. Is that a Big Bore...like a .45 - 70? Awesome Tree Farmer. That machine made someone a lot on money in its day.

terry f

Thanks, 45-70 cowboy, beautiful gun, fun to shoot. The other old girl isn't as purdy, but runs like a champ.

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Decked

WHEW!  at first glance, I thought you were gonna " put 'er down"  ;D

terry f

goose63

That 45/70 have a big kick ? am thinking bought getting one
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

terry f

Not as bad as you would think Goose, 30.06, 12 gauge type. Seems to have more power than needed for anything on this Continent.

mad murdock

Great jobs on the pics posting terry! Awesome skidder, and nice Marlin too!!
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

terry f

Thanks Mad Murdock, put a new fuel pump in her yesterday. I make simple jobs harder than they are, but still got to play with her for a couple hours. The ground couldn't be any better for dozing right now, should still have snow.

Wellmud

I would like to take your girl on a date, the lazy one leaning against the tire ;D
Woodmizer LT35 manual, Kubota L3130, Farmi 351, Stihl 029 super, 3 Logrite canthooks

crash

I like both them girls.... I've logged quite a bit in your neighborhood.

terry f

Are you still logging, I'm out on Horseshoe Ridge behind the sand shed. Not much going on back there now, but they've been busy the last couple years. I don't log, just like playing in my woods.

crash

We did a job two winters ago behind the sand shed. If I had my own woods to play in there isn't much else I'd do, it's pretty fun.

Jake Bell

Nice gun and skidder. I love my marlin in .444, had the barrel cut and crowned to 18.5", those big bores are game stoppers thats for sure.

terry f

Thanks Jake, and welcome. Wellmud, sorry, she's not allowed to date anyone from Ohio, she's legal there now and I'm afraid you would fall in love and I'd never see her again.

Wellmud

Terry, now Ohio is not so bad, and I promise I will take good care of her!
Woodmizer LT35 manual, Kubota L3130, Farmi 351, Stihl 029 super, 3 Logrite canthooks

dgdrls

Quote from: goose63 on April 13, 2014, 01:02:33 PM
That 45/70 have a big kick ? am thinking bought getting one

My B.I.L has the same rifle.  When I shot it, I felt it was more like a shotgun, seem to burn the powder a little slower.
I'm small framed so a 30.06 is a real whacker for me and it definitely did seem to that level IMHO

Terry f have you tried the Hornaday Leverlution (sp) ??  dandy stuff.

DGDrls

terry f

The Hornady's are the only thing I've shot, have 5 boxes with plans to use the brass when shot up, only to find out the Hornady brass is shorter and I will need their dies to crimp, not sure what to do now. Only shooting 325 grain, so that might be why the recoil hasn't been bad. Here it is compared to the 357 mag.

Thank You Sponsors!