iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Kindlet Pro Kindling Machine

Started by Chris(Glen), April 09, 2014, 02:34:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris(Glen)

I am having a debate with myself about possibly buying a Kindlet Pro which has popped up for sale. Just wondering if anyone has any insight in these units and how one could secure enough business quickly to make good use of the very high capacity machine. Very similar to this unit but not exactly. Split sizes can be set from .75" to 3". Going to order add on to be able to take 12" long wood if I do decide to take the jump and add this to my firewood business.

http://www.fuelwood.co.uk/Kindling-Wood-Machines/Kindlet-Pro.aspx

thecfarm

Chris(Glen),welcome to the forum. I have never heard or seen one of those machines. Cost?? In my area maybe some 2 inch would help out when the fire dies down, but don't know about the smaller stuff.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

r.man

In my area bags of kindling are generally sold alongside bags of hardwood the same way that block ice is sold with cube ice. Much less volume but there is a market for it.
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

Chris(Glen)

I was looking at this for a filler, but I think I need a second trailer first to help speed up my bulk deliveries.

leonz

Quote from: Chris(Glen) on April 09, 2014, 02:34:27 PM
I am having a debate with myself about possibly buying a Kindlet Pro which has popped up for sale. Just wondering if anyone has any insight in these units and how one could secure enough business quickly to make good use of the very high capacity machine. Very similar to this unit but not exactly. Split sizes can be set from .75" to 3". Going to order add on to be able to take 12" long wood if I do decide to take the jump and add this to my firewood business.

http://www.fuelwood.co.uk/Kindling-Wood-Machines/Kindlet-Pro.aspx

Are you located in Great Britain or the continent?

the units would be shipped from there unless they
have a distributor in the United States. 

Kindling like firewood bundles are an labor intensive item
but with mechanisation. The problem is wood size for processing.

If I remember correctly the rounds were cut by one of thier band saw
machines and then fed to the /kindling/firewood splitter.

It becomes and issue with large rounds IF and only IF you do not own
a band saw mill to slice the rounds to a managable 12 by 12 block that
you could shove into the chute to be fed/pushed by you into the throat
of the kindling splitter. 

If you quarter the oversize logs you would have to be sure the quartered
chunks are small enough to fit in the kindling splitting chamber.

Thank You Sponsors!