iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Prayers Needed

Started by dukndog, April 07, 2014, 10:11:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dukndog

All,

I normally don't post on personal problems, but I do consider many of you extended family.
My son, Ethan, took his life on April 1. My wife found him in our woods about 200yds from our home. He was 18. The detectives said in his letter no one would have ever seen it coming, but I just wish I could have been here for her and him. I cannot question his decision nor of God's plan, but I do know He has a plan and it includes Ethan. Over the past 3 services, we have been blessed by over 1500 people he has touched. At lodge tonight, my brothers lifted him up in prayer.
I just ask for my family to be remembered in your prayers.

God Bless and hug your kids. You may never know when it will be the last.

Rich Miller
WM LT-15G25 w/PwrFeed, Mahindra 3510, Husky 385xp, Stihl MS261 and a wife who supports my hobby!!

thecfarm

I am so sorry to hear of this. Yes,you are in my thoughts. So very sad.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Bill Gaiche

We will be with you and yours in prayer. bg

WmFritz

Rich, I am so sad for you, your wife and family. You will need each other more then ever to get through this trying time. Our prayers are with you.
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

Magicman

I am so sorry.  Yes, my prayers are with you, your wife, and other family members as you deal with the tragic loss of your Son.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

pigman

I am so sorry Rich. To lose a child under those circumstances has to be the most terrible thing a person can experience.
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Chuck White

Really sorry to hear this tragic news Rich!

Your family is in our thoughts and prayers!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

beenthere

Prayers for all of you.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

chain

"Blessed are those who mourn,
for they shall be comforted."

Matthew 5:4

ronwood

Rich,

Sorry to hear about your son. I hope that you and your family can get through this  difficult time.

Ron
Sawing part time mostly urban logs -St. Louis/Warrenton, Mo.
LT40HG25 Woodmizer Sawmill
LX885 New Holland Skidsteer

VictorH

Rich

I can not fathom what you are going through right now.  I have and will pray for you, your wife and family.

Victor

pine

Our thoughts go out to your family.  So sorry to hear of your loss.

Warbird

Praying for your family.  I'm sorry.

terry f

I'm so sorry, that's unthinkably sad.

coxy

so vary sorry this happened

dgdrls

Very sorry Rich,  prayers and condolences to you and your family.

DGDrls Dan

goose63

Rich that is so sad sorry to hear this
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

Jim_Rogers

So sorry to hear of your loss.

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

WDH

Rich,

Thank you for sharing this.  I am so very sorry for your loss.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

yukon cornelius

we are so sorry for your loss! you will be in our prayers.
It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

MattJ

I'd like to pass along one part of a prayer I said for him, it comes from long ago in the ancient orthodox christian memorial service and always brought peace to me as it reminds me our loved ones are now in a place without suffering.

"O God of spirits and of all flesh, You have trampled upon death and have abolished the power of the devil, giving life to Your world. Give rest to the soul of Your departed servant in a place of light, in a place of repose, in a place of refreshment, where there is no pain, sorrow, and suffering. As a good and loving God, forgive every sin he has committed in thought, word or deed, for there is no one who lives and does not sin. You alone are without sin. Your righteousness is an everlasting righteousness, and Your word is truth."

God bless you and your family

Matt

sandhills

Your family is in our thoughts and prayers as well.  I'm so sorry to hear this.

SawyerBrown

Rich, it's been over 6 years since my stepson took his life at age 17.  His only sibling, his older sister, found him at home, a fatal gunshot wound, and she still is trying to deal with it. It's impossible to fathom why bright promising kids in the prime of life decide to take this action (in most cases, a long-term solution to a short-term problem), but mental issues are not treated like physical issues -- but they need to be.

So I've seen how a horrific event like this affects family, friends, and the community. If it's like Eric's mother, she will be almost non-functional for weeks, and limited for much longer.  Maybe you too. It's OK, grieving varies greatly from person to person.   The best advice I can give is to find a local group of fellow suicide survivors, and if not that at least a grief group.  It's healing to know that you're not alone.

The other huge thing you've got going for you is your faith. We may never know in this lifetime the "why's", but trust that this is part of His greater plan. I think of it this way ... God gave us wonderful years with these loved ones, but now they're truly at home with Him, waiting for us to join them again someday.

Praying for peace for you and your family.  Feel free to PM me if you need someone to talk to

Pete
Pete Brown, Saw It There LLC.  Wood-mizer LT35HDG25, Farmall 'M', 16' trailer.  Custom sawing only (at this time).  Long-time woodworker ... short-time sawyer!

ND rancher

Rich, May the power of your faith lift your family up and carry you through this sad time.I offer a prayer to you.
TimberKing B-20.  Have been bitten by the bug! Loving life !

boardmaker

Praying for your family.

Thank You Sponsors!