iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Must be Spring...

Started by wannaergo, April 07, 2014, 06:35:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wannaergo

found a soft spot on the edge of the swamp today, and it tried to swallow the machine.. took a bulldozer and a ponsse harvester to pull it out.
2016 Ponsse ergo 8w
2014 Cat 564
Husky 385

Peter Drouin

Nice Cat 501, I bet you can put up a lot of loads in a day with that. 8)
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Corley5

Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Southside

Saw a guy do that once in February with a similar sized machine, only the results were much different.  By the time it was all said and done a week had passed, somewhere north of 30 loads of logs had been pushed under and around the machine, and a whole about 100 yards across had been dug, it was really, really, ugly.  The insurance company even had a guy there seeing if the head could be removed as that was the only part above ground, they contemplated leaving the carrier there.  Ended up just having to replace the starter and one planetary before she was back in the woods. 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

sawguy21

:D :D :D It is definitely that time of year.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

wannaergo

Yeah, its a nice rig, seems to do ok.. 40-50 cords a day. we were pretty lucky, it only took a couple hours to get out.  I've decided I hate spring. got stuck again today  ::) the woods road is so shot that we can barely get in with our pickups and the prehaul truck quit hauling.. now we have about 300 cords that can't get hauled. whens summer?
2016 Ponsse ergo 8w
2014 Cat 564
Husky 385

Ken

Glad you got it out without too much grief.  Unfortunately this time of year requires a fair bit of stockpiling for those of us without deep enough pockets to take the time off. 
Lots of toys for working in the bush

1270d

good thing there was someone there to help.  I'm thinking the caribou would have had a tough row to hoe by itself.  Has anyone mentioned that it saves a lot of time just not getting stuck? :D

Corley5

There's easier ways to clean out the cab  ;) :)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

petefrom bearswamp

Thats why here in central NY I always shut the guys down until mud season passed.
The jobbers bitched but the clients were happy and the ground was Ok.
Also no damage to the jobbers equipment.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

NS logging

I don't disagree with you, but sometimes the clients don't want the weekly stumpage checks to stop up here

clww

Last three Mondays that's all we've been battling here-MUDD! I make it a "four-letter-word". Pump water out away from the work area, move the pump, repeat. >:(
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Thank You Sponsors!