iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Still looking for a second truck.

Started by Woodhauler, April 05, 2014, 09:16:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woodhauler

My trip to caledonia deisel didn't pan out.Truck was in good shape for the year, but the motor scared me. Had 14,000 hours on it. C15 cat. If it needs to be overhauled anytime soon my cat mechanic said 17,000 in parts alone!It had alittle presure building in the radiater. Could be head, head gasket, liners or air compresser! Dealer offers a 50-50 warrenty for 30 days. Wouldn't have done me any good. Wouldn't be working it till late may! And they have to do the work! 1300 miles in 2 days to check it out! They have alot of trucks but not many thats worth the asking price.
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

BargeMonkey

People have no clue when looking at one of the newer cats the cost involved. Its 30K for an exchange C-15 with your accessories, I have 1 C-15, 3- C-12's and 1 C-10. You can buy 52 kentucky trucks for what your looking to spend, just rotate them out as DOT takes them off the road.  8)   Ive been looking for another local guy down here for a truck and the stuffs either junk or out of sight.

Bobus2003

Just did an in frame on our '03 Pete 379 C15, $23k..

timberlinetree

Glad you where able to find the problems before you bought it! Good luck with your search.
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

logging pete

Woodhauler  I sent you a pm you might have an interest in

sawguy21

Quote from: BargeMonkey on April 05, 2014, 10:21:40 PM
  You can buy 52 kentucky trucks for what your looking to spend, just rotate them out as DOT takes them off the road.  8)   
:D :D Kentucky trucks. Now that is funny. That is the way a lot of our local gravel haulers operate, they keep the inspectors employed..
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Corley5

There's a log trucking company in Newberry, Mi that's downsizing.  They've got several self-loaders and a couple tractors for sale.  They're on Craig's List.
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

1270d

I don't know how far you would travel, but there is a guy here selling a 2000 something western star self loader.

chevytaHOE5674

Would a Michigan truck be legal in Maine? If so there are lots of them for sale around these parts.

Woodhauler

Kinda looking for one that hasn't been in the woods. 10-15 year old truck that spent most bof its life hauling 125-130,000 lbs is most likely used up. The old woods trucks up here are just that, old woods trucks. ;D
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

mills

You can buy 52 kentucky trucks for what your looking to spend, just rotate them out as DOT takes them off the road.  8) 

Yeah, yeah, yeah. Your just jealous. Our trucks are cheaper down this way cause they don't come standard with a snow plow attachment.  :D

logging pete

Mine has the first 330k miles as a milk truck, the last 150k up to now as log truck. Was overhauled at 330k it is a good truck now. 357 Pete triaxle 12.7 DD60

1270d

Its set up like a Wisconsin truck Chevy.  Three or four axle truck and three axle pup.

Thank You Sponsors!