iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

TimberWolf TW-P1 Hydraulic valve issue

Started by Local4Fitter, April 05, 2014, 04:34:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Local4Fitter

I have a TW-P1 with auto return that doesn't work properly. When I push the handle to return the cylinder it initially starts the return stroke and will stop. It doesn't stop in the same spot all the time. I don't know what brand the valve is. In fact I don't know squat about hydraulics. What should I look for? Thanks in advance Doug
1974 John Deere 510, Wood fired pizza oven,2005 Dodge/Cummins,Firearms for all occasions.

dave_dj1

I know people have had problems with this before, some say after it warms up it's ok. Some people have had to adjust the relief one way or the other to get the detent to stay in. I'm not a 100% sure but I thought I read that they have stopped using the auto cycle valve.
dave

thecfarm

I just have a cheapy wood spliter. Takes mine about 10-15 minutes to warm up and work well when it is cold outside. I would give TimberWolf a call on Monday. I don't know nothing about it either.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

North River Energy

Rotate the spool 180 and see if that makes a difference. With enough hours on the valve, the detent groove may have a track worn out of it allowing the detent ball to 'walk out' prematurely.

Local4Fitter

1974 John Deere 510, Wood fired pizza oven,2005 Dodge/Cummins,Firearms for all occasions.

Local4Fitter

Turned the spool 180 and that did the trick. Works like it's supposed to. Thanks for the advice North River.

North River Energy

You bet.  Glad that worked out.  Thanks for the update.

skinnyest

local, was the handel kicking out or was the cylinder just stopping.I have the same splitter and sometimes(usually when its cold)the handle kick out,usually when I got my back turned grabbing the next piece.love the splitter but that's agraviting.

Thank You Sponsors!