iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

This Years DeBearding

Started by martyinmi, April 04, 2014, 09:19:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

martyinmi

My wife has been after me for a few months to make my facial hair disappear. Here's my before picture

Here's the Elvis mutton chops with a goatee.

Goatee minus mutton chops.

The walrus look.

Just mustache and greasy hair.

Pre shave, haircut, and shower

And here's as good as it gets! Yeah, I'm ugly, but my wife loves me and my kids still are convinced that I rank right up there with a rock star! 8)

Just in case it's not PAINFULLY obvious, I cut my own hair. My wife bought me a Wahl clipper set 15+ years ago and I've not spent a nickle on a haircut since. Yeah, I'm that frugal. ;D
No God, No Peace
Know God, Know Peace!

thecfarm

I start to cut my hair and my wife finishes it. I use the 1/8 shoe and that is all she wrote. I think I had a Wahl for a while, Killed it!! I brought a real cheap set for a back up,$3 I think,10 years later it's still a running.
You look like a whole new man. I bet the wife and kids will like it.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

kderby

I'll jump in here and say....

well....

Ummmm.

That is quite the transition.  Mine would not look all that much different :laugh:

Did you show this to the wife so she could vote on the choices?  I am blessed with a wife that accepts my furry face fairly well.

Amen on the self cutting hair!  Wife spends (I don't ask) seventy bucks?  I make a mess in the bathroom then clean it up....priceless!

Good entertainment value here.   ;D ;D ;D ;D   Thanks for the transition tour!

Alcranb

Whoa!!! The cows aren't gonna recognize you  :D
"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do.  So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.  (Mark Twain)

WDH

You were a little Sasquatchy looking there in the first part  :).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

yukon cornelius

im glad my wife doesn't make me shave. my beard is going on 3 years old. my last shave was the night before my last shift at the firehouse. I may not ever shave again  8)
It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

trapper

been married over 20 years and my wife has never seen me without a beard.  30 years ago got shaved in the hospital and my kids didnt know me.
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

Den Socling

You must feel pretty "cool".

Magicman

Welcome back my Friend.  :)  Speaking of haircuts, my last store bought haircut was in 1972.  Pat has cut it since then.  Of course I have saved all of those $$$ which is why I am rich now.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Brucer

Seems to me that what makes you rich is being married to Pat :).

I guess if you gotta shave you may as well have fun doing it :D.

Forty-one years plus since I last shaved  ;D. My daughter has never seen me clean-shaven. As for hair cuts, well my daughter was once a hair-dresser before she figured out what she really wanted to do for a career. It's not that I'm cheap or anything ... well, actually I guess I am :D.
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

Chuck White

What a change!

If you'd have shaved that off in the middle of the winter, you'd have froze to death!  ;D
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Corley5

The boys and I are on our way to the barber shop in a couple minutes  ;)  I'll post before and afters when I have an after  ;D
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Magicman

Pat just looked at your pictures Marty.  She approved of your new look.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

sandhills

I dare not let my wife see this thread, she's been after me for some time to do that.  My sister has cut my hair for years  and I think she finally has my wife trained, but the last time just for fun I asked my daughter to do it, she's always messing with her or her sisters hair anyway.  Well the results were kinda funny, if you've ever seen Jim Carey in the movie Dumb and Dumber that'd have been me  :D.  My wife did fix it though, heck I thought it was cute  ;D.

isawlogs

My sister also cuts my hair, my beard is mine to do what I want. I trime it with a cheap electric beard trimer, works for me. ( Then the wife comes and trims my work)  ::)  :D
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

barbender

I just got the same treatment a few weeks back, I should've gotten pics :) I know it's a dramatic shift, I have a "baby" sister, when she was about 4 or 5 she was getting pretty fond of big brother (bearded and long haired). She is really a shy kid, well got my spring shave and haircut and stopped by my folks. She heard my voice and came running out to see me- she took one look, screamed and ran away! (I didn't know it was that bad!) She wouldn't talk to me for months after that :D PS I haven't paid for a haircut since I was about 14, actually my Dad paid for that one, I was going through a heavy metal stage and he was more than ready for me to get rid of that greasy mop ;D
Too many irons in the fire

coxy

WOW you look 20 years younger :laugh:  my wife is glad mine don't or cant get that long   ;D

Al_Smith

My daughter who is now 37 was 13 years old before she ever saw me clean shaved .That was because of a bunch of comies in a chemical plant I was working at at the time .That only lasted for about three weeks .

I even had a beard when I wore the bell bottom blues of the US Navy .U-boat sailors can get away with a lot or at least we used to . ;)

BTW I have a beautician who  makes house calls .All of 5 foot tall and blond hair .Cute and married just like me . ;D

thecfarm

The only part of "just like me' you have right is the married part.  ;D Before or after the do.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

r.man

My girls, 22 and 20, have never seen me without a beard and I also have cut my own hair for about 24 years. Hair scissors hang in the bathroom next to the sink and when I start to look bushy in the face or have clown hair I trim everything back before my shower. Mostly people ask me if I have lost weight afterwards. Either they can't tell I cut my own hair or they are too polite to mention it. With Canadians I am guessing too polite.
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

Corley5

Before.

24 hours later. 

I quit shaving in October.  I usually have it sheared before April 1st but it ran a few days over this year.  Most years I don't get past the middle of March and it's gone.  It's always fun to see the kid's faces when they first see me after the shearing.  The dog's reaction are fun too.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Corley....you look 30, 20, 10 years younger. :)
Did ya find any tools in there you been missing?  :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Magicman

For many years I have quit shaving abound the middle of August and whacked it off the first of November.  I enjoy the growing and the whacking.   ;D

Corley5

The only thing we found that was lost was my face  ;D ;D  I get tired of shaving and I get tired of the beard.  Razors are expensive too.  The beard growth usually starts in the fall when I run out of blades  ;D  This winter was a good one for facial hair  8) 8) 8)

Dave Shepard

If it took 24 hours to remove that beard, I would suggest sharpening the scissors.  ;)
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Corley5

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Do you use a 10° blade or a 7°?  :D :D :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

clww

Ain't cut my hair or shaved since I retired. ;D
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Al_Smith

isawlogs

Its a wish thing Al, he wishes he could grow one to be able to not shave it.  :D

Corley, had I met you with the beard I would not have  reconized you, no wonder the kids and dogs and look at ya funny, you funny lookin'  :D
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

YoungStump

Wow what a difference! I enjoy the growing and whacking too but I always feel kinda sad seeing all that growing go down the drain. It's amazing how cold the wind feels right after a shearing.
Echo Enterprises 45HD2 production series band mill, Cook's Edger, sawing mostly pallet cants, rr ties, and grade lumber.

WmFritz

If a major razor manufacturer sees this thread, Da Boss may pick up a Gillette Young Guns sponsorship like the stock car racers get.  Marty and Corley would be in company with Dale Earnhardt Jr and Jimmy Johnson.   :D :D :D :D
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

Woodboogah

I have been cutting my own hair since 5th grade.  My wife has never seen me clean shaven.  She could care less I think. I stop trimming in September  (start of hunting season) and do a trim after sugar season but never shave it all
Keenan Logging & Tree Care, LLC

clww

Quote from: Al_Smith on April 06, 2014, 07:01:33 PM
You retired at 46? Wow .
44  :)
26 years was enough for me. Contract saw operator now for a few more years.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Thank You Sponsors!