iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Timberjack sperical bushings

Started by David-L, April 04, 2014, 09:02:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David-L

Doing some mud season maintenance, Steering cylinder bushings and pins on my 225 1978 TJ. The front pin and bushing are out and it was quite a chore, so thinking ahead does anyone freeze the bushing before pounding it in with a 2" socket into the boss or do you just go for it. These spherical bushings do have a slice in them. its a tight fit up front on these machines and just wondering what others have done. thanks.

David l
In two days from now, tomorrow will be yesterday.

treeslayer2003

I just drive um with a little light oil. nevr broke one yet but don't drop it on the floor that will bust um.

Maine logger88

Yup when I did mine I just carefully pounded them in
79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

timberlinetree

When I was really young I rember something about dry ice being used to fix some thing. There was this other stuff that was used to freeze cow semen no joke! You could dunk a fresh cut flower in it and it would shatter like glass. Fun stuff :D! Good luck with your repairs.
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

David-L

I have always pounded them in with a 2" socket, the front one seems to be in a tight spot and thought maybe a little help would work ( frozen bushing ) but sounds like a careful pounding is in order. I cant' wait to get rid of the chucking, did the rear one awhile back as it is the easiest to get to. The hit list is getting smaller. thanks for the replies.

David l
In two days from now, tomorrow will be yesterday.

Thank You Sponsors!