iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Not Good

Started by Bill Gaiche, April 04, 2014, 08:58:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Gaiche

We had some storms in our area yesterday evening with a tad of hail. I was down in the shop working on garden tiller when it went thru. When I came to the house the wife said that it showed on radar that hail was going thru where my kiln is, 14 miles southeast from where we live. She said I may want to go check the kiln and I said tomorrow. Went over this morning to take a look see, not good. Counted 66 holes and cracks in plastic. Went home and dug out my left over pieces of greenhouse plastic. Went back cut and siliconed pieces over bad places. I can do without that kind of entertainment. bg

thecfarm

Bummer. That stuff gets brittle too with age. I heard about a hail storm somewheres. They could only hold 5 hail stones in one hand.  :o
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

WDH

That is a kick in the butt.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Andy White

Bill,
I had that situation the other day. I covered mine with 1/4 plywood temporary . Next day I went into search mode. My neighbor has two old rollback tarps that he used on his dump-truck. I am getting one and install it like one of those Sunsetter Awnings like on TV. I think that would save a lot of glazing .!!???     Andy
Learning by day, aching by night, but loving every minute of it!! Running HM126 Woodland Mill, Stihl MS290, Homemade Log Arch, JD 5103/FEL and complete woodshop of American Delta tools.

sawwood

sorry to hear and see what happen to your solar kiln. I had heard about hail some where.

Sawwood
Norwood M4 manual mill, Solar Kiln, Woodmaster
18" planer/molder

Thank You Sponsors!