iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New here from SW Mo

Started by ozarkgem, April 04, 2014, 04:47:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ozarkgem

New to the forum. I am semi retired(full retirement lasted 37 min) and love being in the woods and building cabins. Just started a 20 acre Cedar logging operation. Should get 3-400 logs from it. I have about 600 Cedar logs stockpiled now. I like Cedar. I will post my Iron inventory in the other post. Looking forward to meeting some of the other members that I see are close by.
Mighty Mite Band Mill, Case Backhoe, 763 Bobcat, Ford 3400 w/FEL , 1962 Ford 4000, Int dump truck, Clark forklift, lots of trailers. Stihl 046 Magnum, 029 Stihl. complete machine shop to keep everything going.

m wood

again, welcome.  Yup, I'd like cedar too if I had that many ready to saw :D.  Or any, for that matter.  You'll get that profile info on there soon enough, but you can always tell us some more about yourself right here.  Retirement lasted 37 minutes huh?  Now thats a story we all want to hear. ;D
mark
I am Mark
80 acre woodlot lots of hard and soft
modified nissan 4x4/welding rig
4x4 dodge plow truck
cat 931b track loader
Norwood mark IV
4' peavy
6' peavy
stihl 034
"her" wildthing limber saw
ALL the rustic furniture  woodworking stuff
check out FB

drobertson

howdy ozarkgem, glad to hear from you, looking forward to some pics,   david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

justallan1

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, Ozarkgem.
Lots of information to be found hear and a great group of people also.

Allan

thecfarm

ozarkgem,welcome to the forum.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

glenn molenaar

Welcome to the forum, I'm still dreaming of a sawmill, I visit here every day hope I'm learning, lots of good information here. I'm about midway between Joplin and Springfield.
Glenn

Magicman

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, ozarkgem.   8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

yukon cornelius

welcome to the forum. everyone here is very helpful. what part of mo are you from? we are north of wheatland a little ways.
It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

YellowHammer

Welcome to the forum.  Lots of good advice and people here.
YH
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

sawwood

Welcome ozarkgem, good to see some more Mo sawyers here. I am in KC Mo and
there are lots of us one here.

sawwood
Norwood M4 manual mill, Solar Kiln, Woodmaster
18" planer/molder

hackberry jake

One of you Missouri boys needs to have an event for ff members to meet. They got the pig roast in the greatwhite north and the chicken crispin in the deep south. We need a central get together. Its gunna have to be a briskit smokein or somethin cause pork and chicken are taken already.
https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

iwiegian

I was just in Nixa a couple of weeks ago visiting relation of my better half.  Not fond of the city's but love the country side down there. Welcome to the ff.

Kcwoodbutcher

Pick something else. I was at the store today and brisket was $3.99 a pound. I remember it being a cheap cut at $.79 a pound. Welcome to the forum and bring me some cedar i love cutting it.
My job is to do everything nobody else felt like doing today

yukon cornelius

that would be pretty cool! it would be pretty nice to meet and thank some of the people who have helped me figure out so many things.

yukon cornelius

hey kcwoodbutcher I just saw that your from Grandview, my wifes grandma lives there and my wife was a 911 dispatcher there for a long time.

kczbest

Welcome to the forum, ozarkgem!
Hail State!
2013 F150 Supercrew 4x4
John Deere 5303 4x4 with FEL
Cook's MP 32
Cat 289C with Bradco MM60 Forestry Mulcher Head

Kcwoodbutcher

Yukon, next time you're up this way drop on by.
My job is to do everything nobody else felt like doing today

ozarkgem

Quote from: YellowHammer on April 04, 2014, 07:41:43 PM
Welcome to the forum.  Lots of good advice and people here.
YH
[/quote
I live west of El Dorado and have a place not far from Stockton lake.
I have a good friend that lives outside Weaubleau. I think he has a Norwood.
Mighty Mite Band Mill, Case Backhoe, 763 Bobcat, Ford 3400 w/FEL , 1962 Ford 4000, Int dump truck, Clark forklift, lots of trailers. Stihl 046 Magnum, 029 Stihl. complete machine shop to keep everything going.

ozarkgem

Quote from: hackberry jake on April 04, 2014, 08:12:13 PM
One of you Missouri boys needs to have an event for ff members to meet. They got the pig roast in the greatwhite north and the chicken crispin in the deep south. We need a central get together. Its gunna have to be a briskit smokein or somethin cause pork and chicken are taken already.
Do you have any pics of your solar kiln? I really need to get one built in the next few months. Oops posted to the wrong place

ozarkgem

Quote from: Kcwoodbutcher on April 04, 2014, 09:54:28 PM
Pick something else. I was at the store today and brisket was $3.99 a pound. I remember it being a cheap cut at $.79 a pound. Welcome to the forum and bring me some cedar i love cutting it.
I can find a few spare cedar logs if you get down this way.

ozarkgem

that would be a hoot. We can cook what ever. I have been overran with Armadillo's lately.

ozarkgem

Quote from: sawwood on April 04, 2014, 08:02:47 PM
Welcome ozarkgem, good to see some more Mo sawyers here. I am in KC Mo and
there are lots of us one here.

sawwood
Do you have any pics of your kiln? I need to get one built.

SawyerBrown

Welcome, ozarkgem!  Good to have you with us!

Quote from: glenn molenaar on April 04, 2014, 07:46:30 AM
I'm about midway between Joplin and Springfield.
Glenn

Glenn, I have a high school classmate in Reeds ...
Pete Brown, Saw It There LLC.  Wood-mizer LT35HDG25, Farmall 'M', 16' trailer.  Custom sawing only (at this time).  Long-time woodworker ... short-time sawyer!

yukon cornelius

kcwoodbutcher I may do that. I do try to stay far from there though as much as possible haha! 

ozarkgem that's a nice area too. cedar abounds all around us. anyone is welcome at our place if your in the area. its not much but its a work in progress. I rarely leave our 30 acres. every day cut logs, mill logs, build stuff with the lumber. its a vicious circle.

ozarkgem

Quote from: yukon cornelius on April 05, 2014, 07:30:54 PM
kcwoodbutcher I may do that. I do try to stay far from there though as much as possible haha! 

ozarkgem that's a nice area too. cedar abounds all around us. anyone is welcome at our place if your in the area. its not much but its a work in progress. I rarely leave our 30 acres. every day cut logs, mill logs, build stuff with the lumber. its a vicious circle.
next time I am over that way I will get in touch with you.

leroy in kansas

Quote from: ozarkgem on April 05, 2014, 05:01:03 AM
that would be a hoot. We can cook what ever. I have been overran with Armadillo's lately.

Opossum on the half shell, I've heard it taste like chicken. lol  ;D Welcome to the FF Ozarkgem 

yukon cornelius

don't eat em or even touch them. they carry leprosy. we have those suckers too. what a nuisance.

backwoods sawyer

not to much I won't eat but Opossum was taken off the menu years ago when one came crawling out the tail end of a long dead cow :-X :o :-X
Backwoods Custom Milling Inc.
100% portable. . Oregons largest portable sawmill service, serving all of Oregon, from our Backwoods to yours..sawing since 1991

postoakzevfa

Ozark Gem, you can check out my solar kiln.  I'm 3 miles north of Jerico Springs, MO.

ozarkgem

Quote from: postoakzevfa on April 07, 2014, 05:05:50 AM
Ozark Gem, you can check out my solar kiln.  I'm 3 miles north of Jerico Springs, MO.
I have 42 acres by Osirus store. I will send a pm with my phone. I was born in Jerico

dboyt

Welcome to the forum, Ozarkgem!  I live 8 miles southeast of Neosho & run a Norwood mill.  Stop by any time.  Looking forward to photos.  To post them, you need to set up a gallery on FF.  Pretty straightforward process.
Norwood MX34 Pro portable sawmill, 8N Ford, Lewis Winch

postoakzevfa

Ozarkgem, you can read about and see my solar kiln project at www.norwoodsawmills.com/lumber-drying/solar-kiln

ozarkgem

Quote from: postoakzevfa on April 07, 2014, 08:36:04 PM
Ozarkgem, you can read about and see my solar kiln project at www.norwoodsawmills.com/lumber-drying/solar-kiln
I will give you a call later today after I get done logging. Plus I have to add more time to my phone. (prepaid 80.00 a year)

Thank You Sponsors!