iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I am ROUGH on my legs!

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, April 03, 2014, 08:14:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Backed the D-4 off my Forestry truck. Cleaned the dozer....spotless.
Decided to pressure wash the truck deck.

The truck deck has a hole cut in it to let the Fire Plow go down in the bed. In 28 years I have never had to worry about a hole in the deck.....but the new trucks have holes.

I was just not thinking. I was pressure washing the deck and walking backwards and I stepped off in to hole.
The metal that got me had welding spurs on it and literally cut my shin to the bone. The gash on the right of my calve was about 1/4" deep......blood every where. This happened yesterday.
Went to the Doctor this morning......cleaning it out was very painful!

I have got to be more careful.

Here's the hole.

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Dave Shepard

Ouch! I cut myself in the leg a couple of years ago with a framing chisel. 13 stitches. The shop floor looked like someone poached a deer in there. :o Did you have to get stitched?
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

thecfarm

That's it!! I've had it!! Jeff don't like to see snakes,well I don't like to see blood. Enough with the bloody pictures. Scroll was in overdrive again.  :D
But you know what is funny. I can watch a movie and watch all sort of bloody stuff,heads being chopped off and all the noise that the blood and guts make,don't bother me at all. It's not real.
Wife has one of those real time operation on TV. No way can I watch that. Someone would be picking me right up off the floor. I would look like Casper the ghost.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

POSTON WIDEHEAD

No stitches. They want it to drain.  :o

Left Coast Chris

I was about to say thanks for NOT posting pics until I scrolled down.  Yowza......  :'(

Sorry to see that trailer get you like that.  Before you forget, hit the welding spurs with a grinder.  If you did it twice you might sell the trailer. >:(

Can't help but ask.......Would long pants have helped?
Home built cantilever head, 24 HP honda mill, Case 580D, MF 135 and one Squirel Dog Jack Russel Mix -- Crickett

ET

Sounds like a broken record, as I slipped on my TLB (backhoe) gridded step getting into the cab last summer, also wearing shorts, skinned my shin to the bone.  DanG that hurt like holy he--.  Drained for over 2 months, healed on outside but bone still was swelled and sore for 6 months. Be careful out their fellas!
Lucas 1030, Slabber attachment, Husky 550XP, Ford 555B hoe, Blaze King Ultra, Vermeer chipper, 70 acres with 40 acres Woods.

isawlogs

You are the only person I know that would need chainsaw chaps to wash a trailer  :-\   ;D
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: isawlogs on April 03, 2014, 09:53:50 PM
You are the only person I know that would need chainsaw chaps to wash a trailer  :-\   ;D

You are right Marcel.  :D

Chris, pants may have helped....a little....but that monster steel had teeth.  ;D

The Forestry is gonna weld a guard around the hole to "stop a foot" from going in it again.

doctorb

They want to leave it open to drain because the amount of contamination on equipment like that is huge.  If you can get to them early, we sometimes take you to the OR, debride the skin edges and wash the heck out of it with a water pick type of lavage, and then close the wounds.  Looks nasty.  And I mean nastier than you usually look! ;)
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

hardtailjohn

That's sure gonna feel good when it quits hurting!!!  :D
John
I'm so far behind, I think I'm ahead!

Holmes

Quote from: doctorb on April 03, 2014, 10:59:39 PM
  Looks nasty.  And I mean nastier than you usually look! ;)

:D :D :D
Think like a farmer.

Peter Drouin

Can't be too bad,
It stops bleeding so you can take a pic :D
If they put a rail around it you will trip over it, fall and hit your head. Then your head will look like your leg.
Hope you feel better. ;)
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

isawlogs

Peter, the man has harder head then skin on legs.   He always has a hat on! ;D 
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

LeeB

Quote from: Peter Drouin on April 04, 2014, 06:50:34 AM
Can't be too bad,
It stops bleeding so you can take a pic :D
If they put a rail around it you will trip over it, fall and hit your head. Then your head will look like your leg.
Hope you feel better. ;)

Would that be better or worse? I seen better heads on a nickel beer. (old saying)
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The Doctor has me on a GRITS diet for quick healing.

Medical technology has come a long way.   hurt_smiley   musteat_1

Starting to look better already.

Thanks for all your kind, supportive, uplifting, motivating, pain relieving, positive out look support.  :D :D :D

Jeff

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on April 04, 2014, 08:32:56 AM

I'm guessing you are using it in a poultice? I could see how that might work.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Alcranb

Typical FF! Spend hours on a job and not so much as a scratch. Get back, wash the rig and all bets are off  :o
Hope it heals quick
"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do.  So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.  (Mark Twain)

Magicman

And you complained about my toes:o 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Shotgun

Quote from: Jeff on April 04, 2014, 08:54:39 AM

Dr. probably prescribed administering the grits internally, to plug up the blood leaks from the inside.

Norm
Joined The Forestry Forum 5 days before 9/11.

WmFritz

Quote from: Shotgun on April 04, 2014, 09:53:15 AM
Quote from: Jeff on April 04, 2014, 08:54:39 AM

Dr. probably prescribed administering the grits internally, to plug up the blood leaks from the inside.

Norm

I'd heard at one time they used maggots on wounds. Now they're using g**ts?   ;D
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

Dave Shepard

You put the grits on to attract the flies, then you get the maggots.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Y'all are SICK !  :D :D :D :D :D
I better heal pretty quick.....Nick just called from Woodmizer.
He'll be here Sunday afternoon for my LT40's annual check-up.

thecfarm

Get out the rocking chair.  :D
By the way,what did you do to make that trailer mad at ya?? Another by the way,watch that dozer,remember you got it stuck the first thing.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I told the State Insurance people today....I've have had nothing but bad luck since that new Cat showed up. >:(

red oaks lumber

yup , steel toe deck shoes and a erkle type safety pants.
now see, had that been up in our parts you would have been completly safe.
1) hose is still froze
2) if you got hose thawed, the trailer would have been packed with snow so, the hole would have not been a hole
3) if the sun would have come out and melted the snow off quick ,no worries cause you would still be wearing long johns
:D :D :D
i finally see someone who has legs that look my laying hens legs ;D
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

Thank You Sponsors!