iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

engine gone

Started by garyfg, April 03, 2014, 07:03:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garyfg

Drove by my mill this afternoon over at the farm and someone got my engine last night.  They might have taken the mill but I had a lock on the hitch. Does anyone out there have a Oliver mill that was made in north Arkansas. I need to know the HP and shaft size and pully size so I can get  a replacement. It was a kohler somewhere around a 23 or 25 hp. I had not used it for awhile so I don't remember. Thanks

thecfarm

I have alot to say,but I'll just say,DON"T get me going. >:(
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Billbob

Quote from: thecfarm on April 03, 2014, 07:04:53 PM
I have alot to say,but I'll just say,DON"T get me going. >:(

That pretty much says it for me as well >:(  Sorry to hear about your trouble, Gary.  Whoever stole your property will pay for it one way or another; either in this life or the next.
Woodland Hm126 sawmill, LS 72hp tractor with FEL, homemade log winch, 8ft pulp trailer, Husqvarna 50, Husqvarna 353, homemade wood splitter, 12ft dump trailer, Polaris Sportsman 500 with ATV dump trailer

drobertson

Cant help on the engine info either, sorry man, one never knows bout the varmits that steal,  just worthless in my book, as said, they will have a payback some time down the line,     david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

iwiegian

Sorry to hear of your troubles. I am also no help on an engine. Dave

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Kcwoodbutcher

If it was a recent Kohler any of the same series should fit. The mounting specs and shaft size are the same. I think they run from the low 20 HP up to 38 HP. Put the biggest one you can afford on it.
My job is to do everything nobody else felt like doing today

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

ddcuning

There is just not much I hate more in this life than a thief! Sorry for the loss of your engine.

Dave C
We're debt free!!! - Dave C, Nov 2015

hardtailjohn

Oh, would I love to catch someone in the act!!!!!!!!!    So sorry to hear you got hit by scum. Not much in the world lower than a thief.:(
John
I'm so far behind, I think I'm ahead!

Nomad

Parasites like that... >:(
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

Chuck White

I hate a thief!  >:( >:( >:( >:(
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Magicman

I would actually hate to catch someone doing that because then I would have to go to jail.   :-\
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

mburrow

mine has the 18 hp Brigg's with a 4" on the engine and 12" driven pulleys.
as far the shaft size just get one fits the replacement engine.

mmartone

That sorry sob... Why would you have to go to jail? Bag of lime and a shovel...
Remember, I only know what you guys teach me. Lt40 Manual 22hp KAwaSaki, Husky3120 60", 56" Panther CSM, 372xp, 345xp, Stihl 041, 031, blue homelite, poulans, 340

Jimmy Mc

Only shoot em if you got the time to bury em. That is what my Grandpa said when I asked him if it was true that he had spent time in jail. I think a thief would be a get out of jail free card around here.
Sorry for your lose. I know you didn't get the chance to do anything about the thief. That will give you extra points for something else good in life. Ask around for an engine like yours. Go to the pawn shops close, you may get lucky and find the pos that took it. Most are not very smart, and will go to the next town and pawn what they take.
Jimmy McIntosh, HF band mill

Herb Brooks

Quote from: Magicman on April 04, 2014, 08:34:05 AM
I would actually hate to catch someone doing that because then I would have to go to jail.   :-\
Ya'll need to visit with these folks.  You maybe won't beat the ride but will likely beat the rap.    http://www.uslawshield.com

kevin19343

Long walk-short pier

Billbob

Quote from: mmartone on April 04, 2014, 01:58:28 PM
That sorry sob... Why would you have to go to jail? Bag of lime and a shovel...

And a floating bog.  3000 years from now some archeologist will find em and wonder how they got there.
Woodland Hm126 sawmill, LS 72hp tractor with FEL, homemade log winch, 8ft pulp trailer, Husqvarna 50, Husqvarna 353, homemade wood splitter, 12ft dump trailer, Polaris Sportsman 500 with ATV dump trailer

kczbest

I hate a thief!!!!!!
Magicman, don't forget we have the castle doctrine in Ms!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hail State!
2013 F150 Supercrew 4x4
John Deere 5303 4x4 with FEL
Cook's MP 32
Cat 289C with Bradco MM60 Forestry Mulcher Head

Bibbyman

Wouldn't  the engine specs come with the documentation for the mill?    Is the company still in business?   If so,  they should be able to supply you with specs and any unique parts you may need.  And also advise you of other engine model, hp, or brand options that will work..

Oh, and I feel your pain.  (Last fall I sold a guy a heavy gear reduction unit but when we went to load it, it was gone.   Someone had used the the old five finger discount.   Likely ended up in scrap yard.)
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

garyfg

I got is used, no manual. Builder died out of business.

Thank You Sponsors!