iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Laser Engraved Plaques for Wood-Mizer with Pics

Started by Busy Beaver Lumber, April 03, 2014, 03:58:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Busy Beaver Lumber

Recently we became aware of an opportunity to laser engrave the 100,000 and Million board plaques for Wood-Mizer LLC and were more than happy to get the contract to do so.

Each is done on a live edge, kiln dried basswood cookie. The box at the bottom gets a nice engraved plate honoring the recipient and stating their accomplishment. A hanger is installed on the back as well for easy hanging. The engraving itself is done at 400 DPI resolution. Note the detail that at 400 DPI you can actually read the word Wood Mizer on the control box and see the individual hydraulic control levers.

Final Product on Basswood Plaque

Sample image done a scrap piece of luan during prototype/ sample stage.

This job meant a lot for me and Kristina to do as we know many of the people that get these will be our fellow friends here on the forum. I can also say that you will have to look long and hard to find a more enjoyable company to do business with than Wood-Mizer and I thank them for both the business and the permission to share a few pics of the plaques on the forum.

If you receive one of these, we hope you enjoy it as much as we enjoyed making it smiley_smash

Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
Epilog Mini 18 Laser Engraver with rotary axis
Digital Wood Carver CNC Machine
6 x 10 dump trailer
Grizzly 15in Spiral Cut Surface Planer
Grizzly 6in Spiral Cut Joiner
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

Save a tree...eat a beaver!

Magicman

Congratulation on the contract Fred.  Your plaques are much more detailed than mine.   smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Bill Gaiche

Very nice and being made by a FF member takes it to the next level. bg

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

hackberry jake

Busy, I sure would like to play in your shop for a day or so. You have all the neatest toys tools.
https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

Jemclimber

lt15

Magicman

Quote from: WDH on April 03, 2014, 10:33:48 PMI sure hope to get one of those. 
You stick with Sickeymore and Percan and it never will happen.   ;D   :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WDH

Hey, believe it or not, I am getting close to 100,000.  With a LT15, that is a lot of sawdust  :).  I will have to update the figures and see where I stand.  i might have to convert to pine  :D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Busy Beaver Lumber

Quote from: Magicman on April 03, 2014, 07:41:53 PM
Congratulation on the contract Fred.  Your plaques are much more detailed than mine.   smiley_thumbsup

Thanks Lynn. Maybe when you cut you 5 million board feet board you can talk them in to giving you one that we did for them to get the more detailed version. Next time i do them, will have to video it in operation.
Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
6 x 10 dump trailer
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

Busy Beaver Lumber

Quote from: Bill Gaiche on April 03, 2014, 10:31:43 PM
Very nice and being made by a FF member takes it to the next level. bg
Bill
It means so much more to us as well. Its one thing to make something and have a perfect stranger buy it, but it gets real personal and is very satisfying when you actually know the individual that is receiving it and know that you helped bring joy to their life. This is definitely one of the favorite things i have done. Mrs. Beaver is enjoying them too.
Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
6 x 10 dump trailer
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

Busy Beaver Lumber

Quote from: WDH on April 03, 2014, 10:33:48 PM
I sure hope to get one of those.

Me too WDH.  I think I have about 94,000 more BF to go. But on the bright side I will be cutting 10 large basswood logs this weekend an should get about 2,000 bf out of them and then only need 92,000 more :D
Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
6 x 10 dump trailer
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

Busy Beaver Lumber

Jemclimeber - thanks again for the kind words.

Hackberry -  If your ever in Fort Wayne, stop on in. The beaver loves company and would be more than happy to let you do something one any of the Toys, I mean tools. Have been known to take people that stop by out for lunch or dinner too, so leave room in your belly.

I have always wanted tools like the cnc and laser engraver/cutter and consider myself very fortunate to be able to afford tools like that. Every day I thank the man above for what he has blessed me with materially and knowledge wise. Having lost much of the use of my left arm strength wise to the point that i could never again be able to control a router by hand like i once could to make signs, I am grateful that the CNC has kept me in the game and allowed me to do that which i love. And where that leaves off, the laser picks up and I have even done a few jobs requiring both of them. I am starting to experiment with engraving corian, glass, leather and other materials to incorporate into our designs. Cant wait to retire in a few years and have more time to do this.
Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
6 x 10 dump trailer
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

jamesamd

Your creativity is an insperation,to Us all!!

There is,no limit to a creative mind.

Theres nothing that You can do,That can't be done (John Lennon)
Jim
All that is gold does not glitter,not all those that wander are lost.....

Peter Drouin

Nice job,  8) 8) 8) It is more detailed than mine.
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Busy Beaver Lumber

Peter - Thank you. I am glad to raise the bar on quality and be told I produce a superior product. That is done at 400 DPI. Believe it or not, I can go to 1200 DPI

Jamesamd - What can I say in response to you comment, but WOW. In means a lot to me to hear you say that. I enjoy helping and teaching others. When I go to my local woodworking club, I dont often get much done, because i spend most of my time tutoring and mentoring others, but i enjoy every minute of it.

Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
6 x 10 dump trailer
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

Thank You Sponsors!