iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

can you move a 440 john deer skidder with a f 150 with a dual axel trailer

Started by logger123, April 03, 2014, 11:54:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

timberlinetree

It does seem that the newer trucks can pull a lot more these days. We try to play by the rules and not overload gvw limits. Glad everyone is safe!
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

timberlinetree

Oops didn't read the whole thread. What matters is that we All make our living/interests off the woods no mater where you are from.
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

Jeff

I just did a little checking.  We are dealing with a kid here.  He is using a student email  from here http://rcsnc.org/

Rutherford County Schools in Forest City, NC. If he's not in school, he's just out of school, but either way, I have easy access to his identity by calling the school.

So now sonny, grow a set and learn how to post like a decent young man and these guys will help you. Or, continue to play games and get spanked.

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

barbender

Ha! Jeff is like Columbo (if you fellas remember that show ::)) he'll get to the bottom of it!
Too many irons in the fire

Gary_C

Just collect all his posts and sent them to the English teacher and maybe he will get some extra work on spelling, punctuation, and capitalization to occupy his time.
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Bobus2003

I move my JD440, & 550G with a F250 or F350 and a 20k lbs GN trailer.. never any problems yet.. I don't set speed records though

luvmexfood

I definetly remember Columbo. Just like Jeff remembered KerPlunk. We are starting to tell our age.

Was going to ask another question but did not want to hijack thread I will start it under general when I get through with dinner.
Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

Southside

Does that mean I am not a real logger because I don't move my 170 Franklin with my 1995 Toyota pickup?  But I have a really strong rope to pull it with.   :D
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

BargeMonkey

Quote from: Southside logger on April 05, 2014, 10:29:22 PM
Does that mean I am not a real logger because I don't move my 170 Franklin with my 1995 Toyota pickup?  But I have a really strong rope to pull it with.   :D

Thats funny right there. Wondering about trying to put my 450C jack on my aluminum sled trailer behind my 4x4 ranger tomorrow. Wish me luck.

Big timber little dozer

Yep that's what I thought

jwilly3879

Our new member logger 123 would be a great candidate for Ax Men.

I was going to say a real logger would just drive the skidder, like Shelby and his forklift.

luvmexfood

Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

sawguy21

My first thought was if he knew anything about  skidders and towing he wouldn't be asking such a question so where was he coming from? Now Jeff tells us he is just a smart aleck kid trying to show off. Probably never actually did the job, at least I hope not.
Years ago a friend towed a backhoe between jobs with an old 6 cyl 1 ton pickup. He had a frame bolted into the box with a hitch ball in the upper cross member and a matching hole in the bucket. He dropped the bucket over the ball, pulled the front wheels up, blocked the arms, released the freewheel and roared down the road like he was in his right mind. It was scary.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

coxy

I for one don't have to many brains but i am smarter then that  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

BEEMERS

sawguy21..when I was a probably 20 years old we had a fly by night backhoe guy with a 5 yard dumptruck and an old case backhoe.Saw him a few times going down the road.....backhoe bucket in dump position bottom end of loader arms on top of tailgate of said dump truck and bottom of bucket against inside of tailgate. front wheels lifted off the ground a foot or so...never saw a chain..........  ....I just got dumbfounded again recalling it!
before anyone asks..I never saw nor do I know what happened or what he did when he came to a stop or turned.

thecfarm

BEEMERS,Well how about that.That guy must of been in Livermore Falls,Maine on RT 17. I use to see the same guy. ::) But this was back about 40 years ago.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Jeff

BargeMonkey

Ive got a picture stashed away somewhere of a 460C dual arch grapple on our 20ton tag trailer behind our single axle. Didnt wanna do it but didnt have a choice that day. Looked like a monkey $#%@ing a football.

HiTech

Just tell him to put Helium in the 440 skidder tires and the Ford 150 will haul it like nothing. lol

BEEMERS

I about crapped when I saw that Jeff.....You are correct,you know exactly who Im talkin about! Did you ever see that back in the day?

ST Ranch

I too have seen backhoes moved this way - My experience was the fellow had a one inch diameter pin welded in the centre of a bar mounted across the top of the dump truck tailgate.  The loader had a corresponding hole [re-enforced]in the center of the bucket that he just centered over the pin.  Looked scary but worked OK for short distances.
Tom
LT40G28 with mods,  Komatsu D37E crawler,
873 Bobcat with CWS log grapple,

Jeff

Quote from: BEEMERS on April 12, 2014, 09:13:54 AM
I about crapped when I saw that Jeff.....You are correct,you know exactly who Im talkin about! Did you ever see that back in the day?

And worse...

Thank You Sponsors!