iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

White Oak Burl

Started by Sawdust Lover, April 02, 2014, 10:27:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sawdust Lover

Here is another one that came my way a few weeks ago. A customer that I will be building a kitchen for gave me this burl if I build him a table with one of the slabs. It's a 5' burl so it's to big for my 2000 Timberking so I bought a new Lucas today. I wont start with the burl when it get's here I have some other logs I will practice on. 8) 8)

mesquite buckeye

Big. Keep us posted if it turns out to be cool..... ;D 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) :snowball:
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

kderby

Wow!  I hope you are well stocked with log sealer so it dries slowly.  I see table slabs but what about the smaller portions>  Turning stock for a huge and magnificent bowl?

This is a once in a lifetime event.....enjoy it!

Nomad

Now you're in for the best of both worlds!  But be careful.  From experience I can tell you that the swingblade folks will figure you're ambidextrous.  The bandmill guys will think you're a hermaphrodite.   
     (See for yourself.  Go to a show and mention you've got both. :D)
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

dboyt

I assume you got a slabber for the Lucas.  Can't wait to see what's inside that burl.  I've never seen one like it.
Norwood MX34 Pro portable sawmill, 8N Ford, Lewis Winch

drobertson

only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

thecfarm

I always enjoy seeing them swingmills set up around something BIG.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Sawdust Lover

Quote from: nomad on April 03, 2014, 06:44:35 AM
     Now you're in for the best of both worlds!  But be careful.  From experience I can tell you that the swingblade folks will figure you're ambidextrous.  The bandmill guys will think you're a hermaphrodite.   
     (See for yourself.  Go to a show and mention you've got both. :D)
That's funny! I bought the dedicated slabber for the larger logs I get so I don't have to cut them down to size for my Timberking. But I will say the slabs I cut on the Timberking paid for the new Lucas.

Thank You Sponsors!