iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

CB 5036 - air intake solenoid will not open??

Started by Old Forester, April 02, 2014, 12:27:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Forester

Have a CB 5036, about 6 years old, and the air intake solenoid will not open.  Not much of an electrician, but do have power to stove.  The pump works, the water temperature indicator works, the lights work, but the air intake solenoid will not activate and open.  I have disconnected the wires to the solenoid and tested for power and we do not  have power to the solenoid when the water temperature drops to the point the air intake should open.  There are wiring schematics/diagrams, on the electrical panels, but when I open those panels up I can't seem to make much sense of what is what inside.

Has anyone had similar problems or have any idea where I ought to be looking?

boilerman101

Forester, does the controller readout have a  light dot showing between the numbers? When solenoid is powered that dot is lighted. So if you are under 170 degrees or less you should see it. If it is lighted, are you sure there is no power to solenoid? Should be 120 volts there. It you have 120V then solenoid is bad. If no voltage controller is probably bad not sending power to solenoid. Check to be sure you don't have an inline fuse that could have blown due to solenoid being bad too.

David-L

any chance this could have gotten magnetized from current. Thought I read something about this somewhere from someone with a CB OWB. I have the smaller CB and never had any solenoid issues. shut the power down and clean it once a year with the cover off.

David l
In two days from now, tomorrow will be yesterday.

r.man

As with any electronic control I would knock out the controller power for 5 minutes and then restart to see if the condition persists.
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

Thank You Sponsors!