iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

2014 Loggers’ Expos

Started by vtgreen, April 01, 2014, 06:23:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vtgreen

Online registration through April 25 is free. This years expo is in Essex Junction Vermont, mark your calendars!
Here is the direct link to the registration page.

https://www.expotracshows.com/ne-forest/2014/essex-junction/

The Northeastern Forest Products Equipment Expos or Loggers' Expos are the premier forest industry equipment trade shows in the Northeast. Currently rotating among three different locations in three states, the Expo alternates between Bangor, Maine and Hamburg, New York in odd years and Essex Junction Vermont in even years.

Each Loggers' Expo typically features between 175 and 225 exhibiting companies and they normally attract more than 6,000 attendees. The Loggers' Expo is the place where buyers and sellers of forest industry equipment, products and services can interact in a casual but productive environment. The Expo features a mix of live demonstrations, static displays, and booths – with plenty of inside and outdoor exhibits.

Jim_Rogers

Have you got a link for the free registration? I can't seem to find it.

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

GAB

Jim:
I used (www.northernlogger.com) to register.  You can also call 800-318-7561 or 315-369-3078.
Gerald
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

vtgreen

Yup, sorry about that,
here is the direct link to the registration page. I will add it to my original post also.

https://www.expotracshows.com/ne-forest/2014/essex-junction/

Jim_Rogers

Quote from: thecfarm on April 01, 2014, 06:59:43 PM
This should do it Jim

http://nefpexpo.net/

Thanks I got it and I'm registered now.

Jim Rogers
PS. I'm going on Friday, who else will be there then?

GAB

Jim:
I plan on going on Friday early in the day.
Gerald
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

Jim_Rogers

Normally we plan on meeting up at someone's booth, like Logrite or Woodmizer at a specific time of day. Then with our forestry forum hats on we get a group picture to post.

What time is good for you? 11 am alright?

Jim Rogers

Peter Drouin

Ann and I are going, Not sure what day yet  8)
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

moosehunter

I am hoping to be there Friday. 11 am @ the logrite booth works for me if I get to the show. A friend wants me to go with him to shop for a fire wood processor.
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

moosehunter

My buddy bought a processor from a local dealer. DanG it, I was hoping for a free ride to Vermont!
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

DeerMeadowFarm

Is it me or is this event listed incorrectly in the calendar? It should be next week (9th & 10th) and not this week as listed; correct?

GAB

DeerMeadowFarm:
I got my ticket in the mail Monday 4/28.  The letter with the ticket says Friday, May 9,2014  9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. and Saturday, May 10, 2014 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
If you go no Friday see you at the W-M booth at 11:00 a.m.
You can attend the Annual Loggers' Banquet for $35.00 per person.  Call 315-369-3078 for your ticket to the banquet.
Gerald

DeerMeadowFarm

Hi Gerald,
I plan to go both days. Drive up on Friday; stay over and maybe hit it again on Saturday before heading home. The banquet is Friday night I assume?
Rich

isawlogs

I will be there on the 9th I am not sure what time I will be ther hoping to make in the am, depends on when we leave .  :)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

DeerMeadowFarm

It's about a 4 hour ride for me; maybe a tad more with the trailer. I might not get there till noon depending on how early I can drop my daughter off at school.

vtgreen

Yea, I put it in the calendar wrong. Sorry about that, fixed now. Yes, the dates are the 9th and 10th.

DeerMeadowFarm

Well, I hope to see some of you guys there! I'll have my Forestry Forum hat on!

crowhill

State of Vermont has their Surplus equipment auction on Sat May 10th in Berlin VT. The listing is on Auctions International under Live Auctions. Most of the state equipment is "tired" anyway. Enjoy the show all! Messed my calendar up with a Black Powder Shootout on the 17th in exchange for a Honey do list for the 10th. 
TimberKing B-20, Kubota M-4900 w/FEL with tooth bar, hyd thumb and forks, Farmi winch, 4 chain saws.

timberlinetree

Busy busy busy but Marcia are planning on it. 2 kids have their prom on Fri nite so we( more like Marcia) will be up late. We leave sat morning at 4 am. but will be more like 5 I'm shire. :D Will take 4 hrs to get their . we have to leave sat for home because one of the kids have a Marathon early sun morning and it's her first one so we want to be there. I'm really excited since it's been quite a few years and Marcia loves to get out of town. 8) I'm hoping to get a lot of key chains, hats, pens etc plus a lot to read. Also plan on picking up any supplies needed. Hoping weather works out and to see you all there.
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

thecfarm

Not many hats to be found, but I did not seriously talk to a vendor either.But I got about 3 t shirts and bunches of the key chains,pens,even a folding knife,DVDs If you like the reading part,you better bring a cart to wheel that stuff around.  ;)
Have a great time you all.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Jim_Rogers

One year when I was there, there was a hat guy there. He made me a very nice black hat with my sawmill name on it.
I still where it when I go out delivering lumber. I wore it yesterday, and I will again today.

Jim Rogers
PS. I hope he's there this year, I need another new hat for one I lost, (mis-placed).

thecfarm

Jim, Was that a free one?   That's what I thought he was looking for.

Jim_Rogers

No, not a free one.

The only guy I ever got a free hat from at the show was the Woodmizer blade guy. He said he's suppose to be selling them, but he normally doesn't. He just gives them away. But I don't know if he did last year or not. I didn't get a new one from him. I got a free blade to try.

Jim Rogers

Engineer

My brother, my dad and I are going up tomorrow.  If FF members plan on meeting at the Logrite booth at 11 I'll try to be there.

Now to try and find my FF hat.... :(

DeerMeadowFarm

So who is going and where is everyone meeting at what time?

I am going; hoping I can to the show by noon; maybe 11:00 if I get a tailwind.  ;)

GAB

I'm planning on being at the Wood-Mizer booth at 11:00 AM. tomorrow (Friday).  I plan on being there until noon.
Don't forget your ticket(s).
Gerald

Jim_Rogers

Quote from: GAB on May 08, 2014, 07:19:56 PM
I'm planning on being at the Wood-Mizer booth at 11:00 AM. tomorrow (Friday).  I plan on being there until noon.
Don't forget your ticket(s).
Gerald

GAB: I think we were planning on 11 am at Logrite's spot. I asked Kevin when I saw him if he was going to have his own spot and he said, "no". He's in a spot with one of his dealers. So I don't know what number it is or where it is, on the grounds.
We'll have to walk around and find it.

Jim Rogers

Peter Drouin

What a place, Toys all over :D :D

And a baby one

:D
And the mills

and more toys

All one chipper in the back, The thing must be 80' long :o

And the crew  :D :D :D

Me, Jim, GAB,Engineer, And the guy with the vest and I can't remember his name, Jim knows him, Help Jim, :D
And NO ONE had GRITS with them  8) 8) 8) 8)
A&P saw Mill LLC.

thecfarm

Thanks for the pictures!! I always enjoy the one in Maine. Next year,I hope.
I hope you guys found time to pay Kevin a visit.

Engineer

Definitely had a good day.  Glad the sun came out and stayed.  Nice meeting you guys, hope you all had fun.

I didn't go home with a new mill but there sure were a lot of machines that caught my eye.

I did see and speak to Kevin briefly.  He was a busy guy.

Jim_Rogers

Peter:
That was Dan Hud???? he was the founder of Hud-Son mills.
I think he said his screen name was two legged sawmiller or something like that. And I think he said he had been bumped or banned from the forum for something. But I don't know anything about that if it did happen.

He sounded like he reads the forum a lot. As he did mention one or two of my posts. And he was wearing a FF hat when he walked up the first time.

The second time he walked up he had changed his hat.

Jim Rogers

Peter Drouin

Thanks Jim, I think he had a bag of hats. :D :D And Jim I'm working on your idea for my edger. I'll let you know how it works.
A&P saw Mill LLC.

timberlinetree

We had a great time but couldn't find the log rite booth :-\. Saw lots of neat stuff and Marcia got a free hat 8).

Nice rainbow to end the day!
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

DeerMeadowFarm

I didn't get there until noon so I missed the photo session. I had a great time though and came home with an Igland logging winch!

Thank You Sponsors!