iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Case 1150D help

Started by Firewoodjoe, April 01, 2014, 05:20:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Firewoodjoe

Ok long story short an employee barrowed it and replaced a seal on the transmission that was leaking in exchange for useing it. Never had any issues prior draining the fluid fixing and filling it up. But now after refilling it the trans pressure gauge is zero and the foot steer pedals just slow it down and won't steer it.  We checked pressure at a pluged line on the filter tank deal under the seat and have almost 300psi. New filter is ordered but could that realy cause it not to work?

snowstorm

dose this have 2 sp steering? you can have one track in hi lo or neutral? so it has two 2 sp trans one for each track

Firewoodjoe

Yes but we want the breaks and we want trans pressure everywhere it needs to be. The original pressure gauge is coming from the valve body that all the high low and break stear linkages go to

NS logging

could you bypass the filter and housing with a couple of fittings--hook the lines together to test the filter/housing.  but I tend to agree that the filter alone would not drop pressure to zero.  are all the lines hooked so fluid is flowing in proper direction?

Firewoodjoe

Yes everything is hooked up. Is there a relief for the trans someplace. Nothing obvious that I can see

snowstorm

if it worked fine before the seal was replaced and it dosent now then something must have been put together wrong. hose crossed? whats the plugged line?

Firewoodjoe

Well I'm not saying there's not a line crossed because I didn't reassemble it. The pluged line is a test port I assume. Still had case paint on it

Dave Shepard

I don't know how the brakes work on that machine, that was about the only part of the 1150B that we never worked on, but there might be a bleeder on the brake system. It sounds a lot like air in there to me.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

OntarioAl

Firewoodjoe
I am not familiar with your machine but on my John Deere with a hydro static transmission there  is a procedure to follow to bleed the air out of the system when the transmission oil is changed I suspect Case has a similar  procedure.
You need to get your hands on a service manual or a Case Mechanic familiar with your machine to find out the proper way to bleed out the air if that is the problem.
Hope this helps
Al
Al Raman

Firewoodjoe

Thought I'd give an update for others future reference. It's fixed and it was air locked! Wow was it air locked. Put the pressure gauge in, run forward reverse and steer till the pressure dropped and start cracking lines. We'd get a bubble. For hours! Called a heavy equipment mechanic and he did the same for hours also. That's all it was. Works good. Thanks to everyone for the advise.

Thank You Sponsors!