iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sycamore project #3

Started by customsawyer, April 01, 2014, 04:48:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DanG

"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

wildbill

Raider Bill's favorite son

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: DanG on February 04, 2015, 12:13:28 PM
Quote from: grweldon on February 03, 2015, 07:37:05 AM
  DanG had a great idea!

About DanG time, eh?  8) 8)

Good idea or not DanG, its just good times when we visit.  :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

WDH

Raider and Wildbill,

She is sittin' a little low in the haunches  :D. 

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Magicman

Apple lumber

comes out of Apple trees.  (Thanks Tom).   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Ocklawahaboy

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Pretty cool....I like that.  :)

customsawyer

I hope Bill don't get a larger truck.  ;D
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

wildbill

Last visit to Danny's I brought my truck (not a baby bed like my dads) and a trailer. :)
Raider Bill's favorite son

WDH

I wanted to post a pic of some of this Sycamore Project's lumber.  It was shipped to Earl Collins in Ardmore, OK.  Earl is a fine craftsman, and this clock is superb.  A special project for some special lumber. 

Earl, if you read this, you made both me and the wood proud.  This is a truly beautiful clock, Sir.

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

grweldon

My three favorite documents: The Holy Bible, The Declaration of Independence and The Constitution of the United States.

tule peak timber

WOW Stunning to say the least !
persistence personified - never let up , never let down

POSTON WIDEHEAD

This'll put a tear in the Old Goats eye. Thanks for sharing Danny.

Ga Mtn Man

Oh my, simply stunning.

(I'm pretty sure I recognize the lumber that clock was made from as the one board that I ran through the edger that year, so I'm taking a small amount of credit for the clock ;D)
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Nomad

Beautiful workmanship!!!  (Not bad looking wood either...) ;D
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

WDH

Makes me smile every time that I see that picture. 

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Lawg Dawg

Yep....that's a nice  one 8)
2018  LT 40 Wide 999cc, 2019 t595 Bobcat track loader,
John Deere 4000, 2016 F150, Husky 268, 394xp, Shindiawa 591, 2 Railroad jacks, and a comealong. Woodmaster Planer, and a Skilsaw, bunch of Phillips head screwdrivers, and a pair of pliers!

100,000 bf club member
Pro Sawyer Network

customsawyer

That man has skills. Truly amazing.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

flatrock58

Beautiful.  Didn't realize sycamore was so pretty.  Might have to try and cut some .
2001 LT40 Super Kubota 42
6' extension
resaw attachment
CBN Sharpener
Cooks Dual Tooth Setter
Solar Kiln

Sixacresand

Wow, That may have been one the three boards I helped stack at "The Project" last year.  :D  Nice craftsmanship.  Thanks for posting.
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

Thank You Sponsors!