iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sycamore project #3

Started by customsawyer, April 01, 2014, 04:48:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

customsawyer

I was able to get a hold of a fine sycamore log so we are gearing up for another sycamore project. This one is set for May 24, 2014. This is the Saturday before Memorial day. We are doing it in the spring this year for a couple of different reasons. The main reason is that we have the log now and don't want it to degrade through the summer. The other reason is that last year it was a bit warm.
The sawing will be getting started around 9:00 a.m. This will allow us to get most of the sawing done before lunch so we don't have to work to hard with a full stomach.
The address is 1607 Capps Browning Rd. Rentz, Ga. There is several hotels close by at the intersection of Interstate 16 and Hwy 441.
We would like to keep a head count going so we know how many we are feeding. I will get it started with Lorraine and I being 2.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Nomad

Well, ya should already know that I'll plan to be there.  So, 3.  Let me know what to bring!
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

WDH

I might come if I get to take the lumber home  :).

That makes 4.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Magicman

We put it on our calendar, but don't count us yet.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

slider

al glenn

mmartone

Just looked at the map, its 5 hrs from here... Sure would be cool!
Remember, I only know what you guys teach me. Lt40 Manual 22hp KAwaSaki, Husky3120 60", 56" Panther CSM, 372xp, 345xp, Stihl 041, 031, blue homelite, poulans, 340

LeeB

No can do. Working as usual.  :(
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

wwsjr

On calendar, but don't count me yet. About 6 hrs for me, and I could go by WM GA on the way.
Retired US Army, Full Time Sawyer since 2001. 2013 LT40HD Super with 25HP 3 Phase, Command Control with Accuset2. ED26 WM Edger, Ford 3930 w/FEL, Prentice Log Loader. Stihl 311, 170 & Logrite Canthooks. WM Million BF Club Member.

DanG

"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

chopperdr47

I would love to come see. You are right on the way for us to go to Sea Island where 2 of our daughters live. If my wife had her way we would be there. Hum... I'm thinking business expense.
If ya ain't got what ya need, use what ya got

customsawyer

Write it off and come on.  The more the merrier. It is sad how excited I got today thinking about this while at the mill. We always have so much fun and enjoy meeting all of our new old friends. Anybody sitting on the fence about coming, just put it on your calender and come on.
We nornally have a little get together on Friday the night before so if any of you are in town the night before please stop in. If Fishpharmer brings the fish like he normally does there might even be a fish fry.  ;) If it is cool enough we can light the bon fire.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

This Possum will not walk into the same trap twice.  :D :D :D :D :D

Seriously......I had a ball last year but can't make it this year.  smiley_curtain_peek
Jake puts on a great time!!!!!

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Magicman

I ain't eatin' no possom.   :-\
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

customsawyer

Went to the church for a wild life supper awhile back and someone brought cooked opossum. You won't believe this but they feed over 100 people and there was still opossum left over.  :D
www.thecustomsawyer.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: customsawyer on April 01, 2014, 08:39:51 PM
Went to the church for a wild life supper awhile back and someone brought cooked opossum. You won't believe this but they feed over 100 people and there was still opossum left over.  :D

Good One Jake!  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

julio

lets call it 8 and 9 for me for the sawmilling and Paul to see his girl friend
If you put your finger in your ear and scratch, it sounds like PacMan.

Magicman

In the "Favorite Leftovers" thread, possum would be mine because it would be left over, and over, and still left over. 

red oaks lumber

yum possum! you know what they say... everything is good if it sits in grits :D i was thinking about flying in for the weekend but, the foods youall eat is quite disgusting so i;m rethinking my trip :D
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

scleigh

I always heard you cook possum on pine board for 1.5 hours on 325, throw the possum out and eat the pine board.

thecfarm

red oaks lumber, I would go!! There has been very few places that I could not found something that I like to eat. And I am a VERY fussy eater. And it's not like you are going to be there 5-6 days steady. One missed meal will not kill ya. Or has not killed me yet.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Nomad

Is DanG planning to bring any more of those fried chicken feet?
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

Raider Bill

We had a nice kettle of rocky mountain oysters in gravy last year.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Magicman

Quote from: thecfarm on April 01, 2014, 10:33:58 PMThere has been very few places that I could not found something that I like to eat. And I am a VERY fussy eater. 
Ray, are you saying that even a Southerner could find something to eat in Chesterville??   ???

Ocklawahaboy

I will be in White Springs, at the FL folk festival that weekend.  That puts me just 3 hrs away.  Definite maybe.  I'll confirm or deny closer to time.

DanG

Nomad, I can bring some feet if'n you gots the hongries for some.  ;D :D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Thank You Sponsors!