iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Insurance Logger Broad Form ?

Started by Olli, March 31, 2014, 11:16:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Olli

Hello i am looking for Logger Broad Form insurance ,work as a subcontractor in Alaska . so the insurance is a must and hard to find .one insurance gave me a quote of 3100 droller to pay in front..????? it s hard to find work in the woods and to come op in front after a long winter is a no go . maybe one of you guys can help me thanks Olli

thenorthman

You just contract cutting, or cutting and yarding?

Either way, I think WCLA  (loggers.com maybe?) can insure you in Alaska, if not they may know someone who will.

My insurance is less then that, much less, and they will take installments.

There is another outfit, think they are called northcascades... ?

Otherwise you may have to find someone in Alaska, and try contacting a few loggers and figure out who their insurance is through.  Not many from Alaska on this site.
well that didn't work

Woodboogah

I am sure insurance varies from state to state and different applications.  That sounds high though.  You should do as suggested above and find different loggers in the area and see who they go through.  Most likely you will find who to stay away from as well.  Good luck
Keenan Logging & Tree Care, LLC

Olli

Thanks i found different loggers but i call them saw artiest no helmet nothing ..no insurance ....the are companies up here the insure the worker but i like to work on the cord and not for hour pay .after 30 years of logging interior   Alaska is stone age logging .

SliverPicker

There's something to be said for the Stone Age IMHO.
Yooper by trade.

Olli

Thanks thenorthman i have insurance WCLA help me and it is way lower than the insurance guy up here his  estimate . pay half down and rest every month good deal.so i am ready to rock  8)   

thenorthman

Good deal.

WCLA is good folks, they run a master logger class down here as well, I keep meaning to get certified, Doesn't cost much, just takes more time then I have.
well that didn't work

Olli

Made my master in Forestry in Germany but would be interesting.  safety Training is all ways  good.

Thank You Sponsors!