iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Not near as muddy this year

Started by lyle niemi, March 30, 2014, 04:57:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lyle niemi

As it was last year, a little landscaping did the trick

Jeff

Your frost is out of the ground already?
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

lyle niemi

Quote from: Jeff on March 30, 2014, 05:03:49 PM
Your frost is out of the ground already?
Not yet but we had a few warm days where the water was running and it wasnt running through the mill yard.

thecfarm

Didn't you put in drainage and haul some fill in last year??
I expect some mud coming right up. I had about 4 inches of snow mush on all the snow that I packed down all winter.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

lyle niemi

Quote from: thecfarm on March 30, 2014, 05:27:58 PM
Didn't you put in drainage and haul some fill in last year??
I expect some mud coming right up. I had about 4 inches of snow mush on all the snow that I packed down all winter.
I dug ditches and hauled fill in, its still gonns be a little muddy but I wont be sinking down to china.lol

thecfarm

Worked out much better this year.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

lyle niemi

Quote from: thecfarm on March 30, 2014, 05:33:46 PM
Worked out much better this year.
It sure did, each year I should be able to to more and have the revenue from the mill to pay for things?? The main thing was to get the mill running and getting logs and customers, everything eles can be done later

jmouton

if any of you guys are complaining   that you dont have  the same mud as last year  , I  can give you some for free , just come and get it ,   my  road is all stone of some sort  and  the frost is comming out of the ground  and it is like driving through 6 inches of  soup ,

jim
lt-40 wide ,,bobcat,sterling tandem flatbed log truck,10 ton trailer, stihl 075,041,029,066,and a 2017 f-350,oh and an edger

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

thecfarm

With the rain and the few steady warm days we are going to have,things will start to happen here too.

Chuck White

Nice, clean looking yard this year Lyle!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

bandmiller2

A good heavy rain seems to pack ground that was frost heaved, but you have to wait a wile until it drains out. If I possibly can I stay off it until it firms, hate dealing with ruts. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

backwoods sawyer

This last heavy rain made the feilds to soggy to feed the cows in, been feeding them on the gravel road :-\ so will have to go back and scape the road clean next month when we start drying out a bit.
good to see your prior planning is paying off ;)
Backwoods Custom Milling Inc.
100% portable. . Oregons largest portable sawmill service, serving all of Oregon, from our Backwoods to yours..sawing since 1991

papow22

:D well I know cause I was there april 4 th hauling propane to the Nal oil field still about 3 feet of snow up there .But nice and warm +2 c.just south of young's point road.Say which way from V.view do you live at ?.I saw a guy riding his motorcycle in west lock last week with Temp at -8 A balmy weather ride. :D.Gotta be a TRUE CANADIAN.

Lives to do sawdust,run a trapline,hunt big game,live life to it's most.Got 4 mills a circle mill,(2 band sawmills) Norwood's 2000, Trim Saw,Beam Machine (chainsaw mill).

petefrom bearswamp

Still about 6" snow in my mill yard.
My woods are too muddy to skid firewood.
Customers are starting to bug me but i cant saw yet.
Getting itchy!
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

lyle niemi

Quote from: papow22 on April 06, 2014, 12:42:35 AM
:D well I know cause I was there april 4 th hauling propane to the Nal oil field still about 3 feet of snow up there .But nice and warm +2 c.just south of young's point road.Say which way from V.view do you live at ?.I saw a guy riding his motorcycle in west lock last week with Temp at -8 A balmy weather ride. :D.Gotta be a TRUE CANADIAN.
Im about three miles south of VV. Next time you come through let me know and you can come for a coffee

Jeff

I sure hope it stays dry for you.  I just can't help but think about all the years at the mill I worked at and spring time. Probably because we were such a big mill and frost was driven into the ground so far from running logs, but we would get fooled all the time that it had dried up, then, all of the sudden, without a lot of rain or anything, our seemingly almost dry log yard would have mud a foot deep.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Thank You Sponsors!