iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

WM saves the day

Started by cypresskayaksllc, March 29, 2014, 11:33:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cypresskayaksllc

I was 2 hrs from home with 2 hrs sawing left. Sawing 18' pine. I bring the head back. Comes back too far and hits the bumber. Mill shuts off. I turn it back on. the Hydraulics are non-op. I have no cell reception where I am cutting. After inspection I see that my fuse is shot. (sorry dont know the name of the fuse; its a flat bar type and mine is next to my battery box on a remote mill). The auto parts store in town cant help me. I call WM now that I have cell service. Im sorry I cant remember the mans name but he was able to diagnose why the fuse blew within minutes. He then was able to tell me a work around to get the job done and limp home. WM customer service saved me 4 hrs of driving and a big headache. Thanks
LT40HDDR, JD950FEL, Weimaraner

cypresskayaksllc

by the way: the WM rep politely advised me to carry basic spare parts with me. lesson learned
LT40HDDR, JD950FEL, Weimaraner

Small Slick

Customer support is a really big deal to me whenever I make a significant purchase.

Sounds like you have another example of good support and helps solidify my confidence in having purchased a WM.

John

backwoods sawyer

I carry six of those fuses sandwitched between two pieces of cardboard and rolled up tight in a zip lock. They are tucked in the tool box so they lay flat.

A good multi meter and Woodmizers 911 asistance can save the day :D
Backwoods Custom Milling Inc.
100% portable. . Oregons largest portable sawmill service, serving all of Oregon, from our Backwoods to yours..sawing since 1991

Peter Drouin

I have 2 tool boxs one for tools and one for new WM parts and there with the mill all the time. ;D
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Dave Shepard

There are spare fuses inside that little box. They are hiding to the side, so you don't see them unless you get right down there and look for them. I see some have gone to a circuit breaker.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

backwoods sawyer

Quote from: Peter Drouin on March 30, 2014, 06:54:46 AM
I have 2 tool boxs one for tools and one for new WM parts and there with the mill all the time. ;D
And both are full smiley_thumbsup smiley_thumbsup
Backwoods Custom Milling Inc.
100% portable. . Oregons largest portable sawmill service, serving all of Oregon, from our Backwoods to yours..sawing since 1991

ladylake

If you go out on the road you need to take spare parts, no sense in having to quit for a $5 switch or a $12 v belt etc .   Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

Thank You Sponsors!