iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

used woodmaster 718

Started by xlogger, March 29, 2014, 06:42:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xlogger

I found a used 718 for sale that supposed to be used very little. It does not have a hood attachment (dust hood) for chip removal and extension table. I know the 4" dust hood is about $110 with shipping and I didn't ask on the ext table. How much does the table help with the planer head being still and the base going up and down? By the way the asking price is $2100 and its several years old, just not been used. The main reason for getting it would be to start with just use as a planer, maybe buying the spiral head for it.
Timberking 2000, Turbo slabber Mill, 584 Case, Bobcat 773, solar kiln, Nyle L-53 DH kiln

xlogger

I called the man back and told him before I drove up all I would pay would be in the mid teens. He almost hung up on me :D.
Timberking 2000, Turbo slabber Mill, 584 Case, Bobcat 773, solar kiln, Nyle L-53 DH kiln

sawwood

Ricky I have a dust hood for the 18" so if you find a planer with out the hood let me know
and you can have it. Did you get it for about 1500 ? To bad you don't live close as the one
I told you about. May be to much to ship but how about we look into some one in the FF
that might be going you way threw here. Just a though.

Sawwood
Norwood M4 manual mill, Solar Kiln, Woodmaster
18" planer/molder

xlogger

Thanks, but I'm not planning on retiring till the end of the year so I really don't need it till then so I don't have to be in a big hurry.

hackberry jake

I sold mine a while back for $925. I bought it for $800 and it had the propack too.
https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

xlogger

Jake did you get another one or just decide on another machine?

hackberry jake

It was an awesome machine if you are limited on space because it does all four things, but it didnt do any single thing as good as a dedicated machine. It didnt have chip breakers and the feed rollers were a ways from the cutterhead which made it a mediocre planer. It took up way more space than a dedicated molder. When using it as a drum sander, it was hard to collect all of the dust. And I only used it as a gang ripsaw once and cant comment on that because I did it wrong. I guess you need to build a sled for your board to ride on to get straight cuts.
https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

DR_Buck

The tables are quite expensive but almost a necessity.   Without the self adjusting tables every change in height of the machine bed you would have to adjust in-feed and out-feed rollers.  I tried for about a month, then ordered the tables.
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

ozarkgem

Quote from: xlogger on March 29, 2014, 06:42:00 AM
I found a used 718 for sale that supposed to be used very little. It does not have a hood attachment (dust hood) for chip removal and extension table. I know the 4" dust hood is about $110 with shipping and I didn't ask on the ext table. How much does the table help with the planer head being still and the base going up and down? By the way the asking price is $2100 and its several years old, just not been used. The main reason for getting it would be to start with just use as a planer, maybe buying the spiral head for it.
to bad you are so far away . Here is one on CL this morning. Since they are made in KC there are lots of them around. I bought a 12" the other day for 175.00
Mighty Mite Band Mill, Case Backhoe, 763 Bobcat, Ford 3400 w/FEL , 1962 Ford 4000, Int dump truck, Clark forklift, lots of trailers. Stihl 046 Magnum, 029 Stihl. complete machine shop to keep everything going.

Thank You Sponsors!