iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Stihl chainsaw pricing

Started by jargo432, March 27, 2014, 10:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jargo432

Where can I go on the internet and find out what all the models cost?  When you go to the Stihl site, to get a price you have to pick a dealer, then if the dealer doesn't have that model it won't give you a price. (you could spend weeks chasing down prices)  I'd like to compare all of the models by price.  Is there anywhere I can do that?

Thanks
Jack of all trades.

JohnG28

Can't say I've had that happen when I've been on their site, but maybe is just the local shops. Either way, here's a link to a local shop with what I think is the full saw lineup.

http://mcquadeandbannigan.stihldealer.net/products/chain-saws/#filters
Stihl MS361, 460 & 200T, Jonsered 490, Jonsereds 90, Husky 350 & 142, Homelite XL and Super XL

BCrabtree

If you go to the stihlusa.com web page, you can select a model, then go to the find a dealer link, once you choose your local dealers stihl page it will have MSRP for each chainsaw they offer.
"Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right." Henry Ford

jargo432

That's what I've been doing but every dealer that I've been picking only has one or two models listed.  The one in NY did the trick.  Thanks
Jack of all trades.

JohnG28

Stihl MS361, 460 & 200T, Jonsered 490, Jonsereds 90, Husky 350 & 142, Homelite XL and Super XL

Coast Steve

Pricing on my new MS880 was from $1550 -$1899 all from different dealers in and around Vancouver.
I picked up the phone and just asked.
Ended up a local dealer was the best option.

Steve

sawguy21

old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

jargo432

I'm finding out that where you live makes a big difference.  In places where there is a lot of logging there is more competition in prices.  Here in central Texas the only woodcutting is done for firewood and personal use.  The dealers here probally don't sell a fraction as many as in the logging areas.  Also you don't find as many people around here that know much about fixing saws.  Most people I talk to say it's cheaper to buy a new "cheap" chainsaw that to have it fixed.  Which is why I want to learn how to work on my own.
Jack of all trades.

Coast Steve

Good point, never thought of that.
There's a few chainsaw dealers up here for sure.

Almost all Stihl though.

JohnG28

Well, to throw a wrench into earlier statements, I stopped into the shop I linked above for a part. They have about 1/3 of Stihl's actual lineup, so the idea that a shop only links what they have is out the window. Not sure why your shop doesn't show the whole lineup? Biggest saw they had there was a 441.

Coast Steve

Yep same with a couple of our shops here I noticed that same thing.
Maybe some of those bigger and specialty saws sell much slower and are so expensive to keep in there showroom stock.
Mine only took 4 days to order though.

Steve

Ianab

Some places 24" is a BIG tree. Stocking a MS880 there would be silly. Urban area they might sell mostly weed whackers, hedge trimmers and little homeowner saws? Nothing wrong with that, you sell what folks in your area need....

Most of the local dealers stock the bigger saws, because there are big trees that need them, so they do actually sell a few of them, or can have one in the next day.

Ian
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

JohnG28

I know of other close by shops where I could grab a 461 or a 660 this morning if I wanted to. I was more talking of why the websites would be different and not show the catalog.

AKDoug

I'm a dealer. My website shows the price for every saw my Stihl distributor stocks. I don't stock all of the. We don't have trees big enough to justify anything much larger than a 441, but I've sold a couple 461's.  Stocking a 661 or 880 would be a waste of money for me.

AKDoug

No clue of what part of N. Texas you are in, but this dealer is in Vernon. If you click on products, select chainsaws, and all prices are listed.

http://qualityimplement.stihldealer.net/products/chain-saws/#filters

jargo432

Quote from: AKDoug on April 04, 2014, 02:32:33 AM
No clue of what part of N. Texas you are in, but this dealer is in Vernon. If you click on products, select chainsaws, and all prices are listed.

http://qualityimplement.stihldealer.net/products/chain-saws/#filters

Thanks
The closest dealer to me is in Decatur.  I've been told they are very good.  I went in an looked around and was impressed with what they had.  (just suprised their website didn't show much)  I'm still saving so I've got plenty of time to figure out just what I want. 
Jack of all trades.

Thank You Sponsors!