iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

progress of my new truck

Started by Birchwood Logging, March 27, 2014, 10:01:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Birchwood Logging

John Deere 700H with winch, John Deere 550A with winch, Cat 232 Skid Steer,Cat 262c Skid Steer, Wood Mizer Lt 40 super HD, Ford F-700 and F-600 log trucks, Ford F-450 dump truck

landscraper

Looks like a money maker to me! What size tubing/wall thickness did you use for the bunks?  I need to make a set of bolt-on bunks for my tagalong trailer, I have some 4", 5" and 6" square 1/4" wall, I'm thinking I'll use the 5" for the uprights, use some 8" tall I-Beam for the sleeper and gusset the inside corner.  Looks like you plated the upright back to the open face between the flanges of the I-Beam, that looks like a good idea too.  Good luck with the new truck, sounds like a big step-up!
Firewood is energy independence on a personal scale.

Birchwood Logging

The standards or up rights is 2 pieces of 1\4 thick 4 inch c channel welded together to make a square tube. The bottom ibeams are plated and gusset's welded in them on the ones that support the standards it makes them a little more ridged 
John Deere 700H with winch, John Deere 550A with winch, Cat 232 Skid Steer,Cat 262c Skid Steer, Wood Mizer Lt 40 super HD, Ford F-700 and F-600 log trucks, Ford F-450 dump truck

Ohio_Bill

Looks Good   . Cant wait to see a load on it .

Quote from: landscraper on March 30, 2014, 05:30:38 PM
Looks like a money maker to me! What size tubing/wall thickness did you use for the bunks?  I need to make a set of bolt-on bunks for my tagalong trailer, I have some 4", 5" and 6" square 1/4" wall, I'm thinking I'll use the 5" for the uprights, use some 8" tall I-Beam for the sleeper and gusset the inside corner.  Looks like you plated the upright back to the open face between the flanges of the I-Beam, that looks like a good idea too.  Good luck with the new truck, sounds like a big step-up!

These are bolt on,s my son in law made for me .

Bill
USAF Veteran  C141 Loadmaster
LT 40 HDD42-RA   , Allis Chalmers I 500 Forklift , Allis Chalmers 840 Loader , International 4300 , Zetor 6245 Tractor – Loader ,Bob Cat 763 , Riehl Steel Edger

treeslayer2003

these I made to pin on like a receiver hitch.

landscraper

Ohio_Bill and Treeslayer - thanks, that's good to look at for ideas.  I like the red ones on the flatbed, real neat job.  I want to make sure I give plenty of room between the logs and the bed for the forks, I have a Case 621D loader with some fat forks and I don't want to be banging stuff around when I am unloading my own logs so I will use the 8" IBeam to get my logs off the deck of the trailer enough that the forks can fit easily under.  I bet mine don't turn out as pretty as the ones your son-in-law made Bill, somehow my stuff always gets put to work before I break out the spray gun.
Firewood is energy independence on a personal scale.

Ohio_Bill

Did your GMC get broke in this week ?
Bill
USAF Veteran  C141 Loadmaster
LT 40 HDD42-RA   , Allis Chalmers I 500 Forklift , Allis Chalmers 840 Loader , International 4300 , Zetor 6245 Tractor – Loader ,Bob Cat 763 , Riehl Steel Edger

bigred1951

soo hows the truck doing. Any pics of it hauling a load

Birchwood Logging

some low grade tie logs being loaded

treeslayer2003

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Birchwood Logging

It handles a load better a lot less sway I've only drove it with a load twice hard to get use to the Detroit my truck driver seems to like it

treeslayer2003

lol, just floor board her bro.

Autocar

Bill

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Birchwood Logging

JD 450c track loader looking to buy a knuckle boom very soon

luvmexfood

Hey Birchwood. Get the longjohns back out. Calling for low 20s Tuesday night over on this side of the mountain.
Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

Birchwood Logging

Hope this will be our last little cold spell

luvmexfood

You and me both. I took a part-time job in Feb working for one of the major gardening supply companies. I usually work Thur- Sat but with a big promotion going on I also worked the last two Sundays. They had a some products half price at Lowe's. Sold pallets of garden soil. At times people would be standing waiting for it and finally ran out. Took the job because I though if the spring was anything like the winter it would be mud. BTW it will be coming to Lowe's in Hazard this week. Good prices on some items.

Seems like rain almost every Mon-Wed and then turns pretty when I have to work. Was off today but the wind was really howling big time so I did not cut. Did some maintenance work. Forgot that I could go out and clean-up tree crowns that had fallen in pasture. Guess I will cut it for firewood.
Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

Thank You Sponsors!