iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Stihl MS 280

Started by markkelly, March 27, 2014, 02:29:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

markkelly

I am looking at buying a  Stihl Ms 280 chainsaw to rebuild.   I am wondering if it is worth it.  I have been looking for a  after market cylinder rebuild kit can't find one.   I can only find piston and rings.   Is it expense to buy one from Stihl,  and if it is could I put a Ms 290 cylinder kit in it. Any advice would be helpful,  thanks much.

Mark
LT 10 Woodmizer, Stihl, Husquvana,wood carving tools, Ford 3000 Tractor, Trailer.

ladylake

A MS280 and MS290 are totally different saws with the MS 280 being built way better.   sdteve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

woodmills1

I had an ms280 for 10 years, and I loved it.  Hving owned at least 3 028's I had no trouble chosing the ms280 as a replacement small saw.  I really worked that 280 and according to my saw shop guy (Hudson Small Engine)  I had about the best results with my 280, maybe it is cause I ran it almost every day.  2 coils and crank seals were the only repairs other than regular bar, plug,  etc and the side cover and bar when I drove over it

I left it a the saw shop, to sell at $150 used when I bought a replacement

MS261   WOWOWOWOW  if you liked a 280 try a 261
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Thank You Sponsors!