iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Yes, Spring is Coming

Started by Magicman, March 26, 2014, 12:41:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

It reached about 38F for a high here, all that did was make slush on the road. Out in the fields and woods it didn't sink none.  ;D

No fire all day, so something must be improving. ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

21incher

This is my only sign of spring so far.

My grow light stand is very productive

Started GMO free heirloom tomatoes, peppers, & eggplant.

Eating lettuce that I started to place outside but the snow never disappeared so I grew it indoors.
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Peter Drouin

Spring is here, We have mud :D

I'm so happy  8) 8)
And the water is running the ice is mush

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

SwampDonkey

Is that medicine they grow up north here? That's GMO free I think. Oh wait, that's tomatoes and lettuce. ;D

Do you have a greenie house? I see the neighbors are starting some plants in the same way. They have two green houses next door. :)

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

21incher

Quote from: SwampDonkey on March 31, 2014, 07:43:30 PM
Is that medicine they grow up north here? That's GMO free I think. Oh wait, that's tomatoes and lettuce. ;D

Do you have a greenie house? I see the neighbors are starting some plants in the same way. They have two green houses next door. :)
It is the only medicine we can grow around here. I have a old tent shelter I was going to make a greenie house out of this spring, but it will be summer by the time the snow and frost is gone so maybe next year.
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Ken

What is this spring you speak of?  As of today here are a couple pics of my yard.  No grass or mud yet.

Lots of toys for working in the bush

SwampDonkey

Summer has arrived, flies are out.  Told ya it would happen like a switching on a  light bulb. We skip spring up here, go right to summer. Grass is just something to mow, don't need that. ;D 8)

Alcranb

Saw an osprey this afternoon. He/she was busy adding to its nest lugging dead branches to it. Herring can't be far behind and then it's the stripers!!  8)
"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do.  So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.  (Mark Twain)

elk42

SPRING HAS ARRIVED 
O yes,  my hickory are blooming before some of my post oak.
Machinist Retired, Lt15 WM 25 HP, Stihl 044, Stihl 311, Kubota M2900w/FEL, KUBOTA L4800 w/FEL,
Lincoln Ranger 10,000, stihl 034,

thecfarm

Brenda spied some Pussy Willows. At 2 diffeant places.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Den Socling

Heard peepers last night and saw robins today. It's spring time!  :)

Chuck White

Still to cold and too much snow here for the peeper, but I've seen several Robins and once in a while a small scane of geese heading North!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

SwampDonkey

No peepers up here for at least a month. The fields are still deep snow, and they melt long before the shaded woods. ;D

Robins are usually here by mid April, snow or not.

drobertson

Got our first warm rain this morning, might be my imagination, but the grass looks greener already,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

SPIKER

Seen the Robins and Buzzards a few weeks back now, yesterday though the Crocuses were up! 8)   G
I'm looking for help all the shrinks have given up on me :o

Magicman

The Red Maple has fully leaved out.

And the Azaleas are starting to bloom.

These are our first Wisteria blooms. 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

thecfarm

I have a Wisteria. Planted it quite a few years ago. Soil is not the best where I planted it. Last year I watered it alot and fed it at the same time. That really put some growth on. Than the deer came along and helped out on the pruning part of it.  :(  I have it planted between 2 red oaks and I was in hopes that it would climb on the trees and get up into the limbs. With me not paying much attention to it and the deer,I don't think it will ever get there. I will have to build something a round it for a few years.My Father and me had to do that with some of his fruit trees too. After 2-3 years,the trees get some size to them and the deer will leave them alone.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

It is snowing !!!

Snowball Tree that is.

The clusters are huge.

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

SwampDonkey

Mom bought what she was told was a snowball bush one time. I looked at it and told her she got scammed, it was high bush cranberry that grows wild in the back yard. Sure enough. Has cranberries on it. She didn't care. The waxwings come for the berries in the winter.  ;D

Beautiful snow balls. :)

Magicman

The Pecan trees are leafing out which means that our Spring is officially here.   :)

Thank You Sponsors!