iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Yes, Spring is Coming

Started by Magicman, March 26, 2014, 12:41:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

OK, I know that officially Spring is already here, but things are finally happening, at least here.  The Daffodils have already bloomed out, but other things are just blooming.

This Camellia has been blooming for a week

These are all outside my window and there is also a yellow Jasmin that I did not picture.   :)

Almost all of the trees except Pecan, Hickory, and Walnut have tiny leaves and pollen pods.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Autocar

I can't wait for it to get here it was 14 degrees this morning suppose to warm up tomarrow and rain  >:( but thats better then snow like yesturday  ;).
Bill

Andy White

Lynn,
This post reminds me of something my mother used to tell me. "That is the way the Lord marks his calendar." Sure has a lot more meaning for me now than it did when I was a kid!  Beautiful pictures.    Andy
Learning by day, aching by night, but loving every minute of it!! Running HM126 Woodland Mill, Stihl MS290, Homemade Log Arch, JD 5103/FEL and complete woodshop of American Delta tools.

Alcranb

Nice pictures MM. Our daffodils are just starting to peek out. Seeded my tomatoes and peppers today so Spring can't be to far away, right?
"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do.  So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.  (Mark Twain)

Dave Shepard

The only color outside my window is a row of Farmall tractors. :D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

thecfarm

Good one Dave.  ;D  Nothing but white out my window.
Nice pictures Magicman.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

wwsjr

MM, Like yours, all of ours are blooming. Don't know what the 26° we had this morning will do to the blossoms. I hope the freeze did not get the peach crop this year. Morning lows should be above freezing rest of this week with rain later this week.
Retired US Army, Full Time Sawyer since 2001. 2013 LT40HD Super with 25HP 3 Phase, Command Control with Accuset2. ED26 WM Edger, Ford 3930 w/FEL, Prentice Log Loader. Stihl 311, 170 & Logrite Canthooks. WM Million BF Club Member.

red oaks lumber

the only thing round here is bloomin idiots :D and they seem to drive
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

rhino135

Spring is coming slow here in Northern Michigan 1inch of new snow this morning.
But I did see a robin last week ( poor bird freezing his $$ off this morning).
Last week cut some trees down for fire wood the snow in the woods was still knee deep.
But spring is on its way,Yea

justallan1

At a certain point in the game you start wondering IF spring is going to happen around here, so it's sure nice to see some proof that it's happening somewhere. ;D Thanks for the pictures, Lynn.

Allan

GDinMaine

This is my garden as of last week.  The only difference today, that there is more snow on it. Spring must be stuck in traffic somewhere.

It's the going that counts not the distance!

WM LT-40HD-D42

DanG

I always watch for the pecans to start budding.  Yesterday I noticed that one of them has started.  That particular tree is always the first one, but has never had a single nut on it in the 20 years I've been here.  I guess its sole purpose in life is to make me feel good once a year.  8) :)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Magicman

Yup, theres thems that do's and thems that don'ts.   :D

I have three in the Cabin front yard that only produce and drop limbs.   :-\
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WDH

Pecan limbs fall.  Profusely. 

:-\ :-\

smiley_devil
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Brucer

We don't even have snowdrops yet :(.
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

SwampDonkey

Yes it is....

I cheated, these came from the Cancer Society at the grocery store. They look pretty sharp in my Wedgewood vase. My uncle would say voz. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Magicman

I think cheating is OK if it adds some brightness to your day.   smiley_sun

Raider Bill

Pink and green around the hood today.

The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

pineywoods

The dafodills and snowdrops are in full bloom, dogwood and redbud opened yesterday, blueberries are blooming, and the peepers are in full chorus. All that's left is for the pecans to bud out and the pine pollen to start and spring will be here.. About time, I'm out of firewood.
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

curdog

Our daffodils are blooming as well as the redbuds. The trees don't have leaves yet, but it won't be long before the poplars start putting little splashes of green across the hillsides.

Raider Bill

I hope I don't miss the dogwood and red bud blooms. They got to hold off 10 days in Tenn.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Bert

60's today for the first time this year here. Things are still pretty gray outside though. No signs of life yet.
Saw you tomorrow!

thecfarm

When I see the geese in Lovewell's corn field I will believe you about spring.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

r.man

Cfarm if you dig deep enough in the snow I'm sure there is a frozen goose down there somewhere.
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

SwampDonkey

There is a frozen turkey in the bottom of the freezer, all plucked and dressed. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!