iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

12" Craftsman Badged, Folly planer project

Started by Cguignard, March 26, 2014, 08:22:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cguignard

I found a Craftsman badged folly planed that a buddy had. It had a 3hp electric motor that had seen better days.  I was thinking of a way to use it at my dry lumber stacks.  I was going to put a modern (more efficient and less amp draw)  3hp electric motor in it and run it with a generator.  My buddy suggested the I power it with a gas engine, to save ware and tear on the generator. So after some welding to make a new stiffer stand to support the motor and jack shaft bearings, I am ready to try it out.  I think I went a little over board with the motor, it is a 13 hp electric start from harbor freight, should be more that enough, but if the motor on my mill ever quits this one will bolt right on. 
Of course pictures will follow after I grind a few welds and make them pretty. Today I am off to figure out my new belt lengths wish my luck. :)

york

Welcome to the FF and good luck with your project-i have been welding for years and still need to grind most of my welds.....Albert
Albert

thecfarm

I have no idea if it will work for sure. But good luck.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

chopperdr47

I have a similar idea that I've been thinking of. Can't wait to see how yours works out.
If ya ain't got what ya need, use what ya got

Thank You Sponsors!