iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Iron mule wheel studs ?

Started by nastcat, March 24, 2014, 09:51:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nastcat

I blew a tire on the old iron mule a week or so ago. Have a set of 4 grader tires mounted on rims. Built an adapter plate that set the wheel nut out another 1/2" more or less. I didn't think this would be a problem because there were two different length stud all ready on the machine. I figured I would just get the enough of the longer ones to do the rest of the mule. I can't seem to find any studs with a diameter of .700 over the knurl that are at least 2.5 inches long with a 5/8-18 thread. They should have an 3/4" shoulder but I could deal with just about any shoulder. The mule was made from a Massy Ferguson with the 3 cylinder perkins in it. So Massey is going to be my step place to look. Any suggestions on sources for wheel studs would be great. Thanks.

gspren

Maybe a truck parts place? Post a picture of the mule so I know what your describing.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

Gary_C

Most auto parts stores have all different sizes or perhaps could get your size.

Otherwise, try a semi or ag equipment parts store.
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

nastcat

This is the Iron mule that I have. Tomorrow I am going to stop at the Massey Ferguson Dealer, if he can't help me I'll go across the street to the Tank & Trailer, Truck parts store. I have been to the Napa dealer and he couldn't find anything with a .700 knurl.

Thank You Sponsors!