iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Ordered a new mill today

Started by kczbest, March 24, 2014, 06:19:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kczbest

Long story short, my cousin who lives out of state asked me how much I would sell him my Kasco for, I gave him a price and much to my surprise he agreed! So this morning I called the fine folks at Cooks and ordered a MP 32 with 16' cut and trailer package. 8) The bad part is I now have to wait for them to build it before I can make any more sawdust. >:(
Hail State!
2013 F150 Supercrew 4x4
John Deere 5303 4x4 with FEL
Cook's MP 32
Cat 289C with Bradco MM60 Forestry Mulcher Head

SawyerBrown

Nice upgrade, kcz!  Congratulations!

Pete Brown, Saw It There LLC.  Wood-mizer LT35HDG25, Farmall 'M', 16' trailer.  Custom sawing only (at this time).  Long-time woodworker ... short-time sawyer!

Chuck White

Congratulations on the sale, and the new mill order!  8)
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Freedom6178

------Freedom6178------

Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable.
George S. Patton

'12 Mustang, '03 F-250 SD 4x4, Stihl Farm Boss 18"bar, '09 Arctic Cat 550 TRV EFI

47sawdust

My first mill was a Kasco IIB and it served me well.Cut very accurate lumber.You will really enjoy the Mp-32.Very nice sawmill.
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

Magicman

QuoteHail State!
Hail Yeah!

Congrats on the new Cooks.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

thecfarm

Sounds good. What kind of motor,HP? Hyds?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

kczbest

Quote from: thecfarm on March 25, 2014, 08:50:31 AM
Sounds good. What kind of motor,HP? Hyds?

I ordered the all manual version without an engine. I have a 16 hp Honda that needs a place to run. I strongly suspect it wont be long before I start doing some mods and upgrade the engine as well.
Hail State!
2013 F150 Supercrew 4x4
Cook's MP 32

kczbest

Magicman, I grew up on a row crop farm 30 miles East of STATE. I went to all kinds of ag seminars and on farm field days growing up. I have always loved STATE so when I went to College that is where I went. Go figure, I grew up farming, Majored in Forest Management, and I wind up owning/operating a residential construction business.
Hail State!
2013 F150 Supercrew 4x4
Cook's MP 32

kelLOGg

Congrats. You're gonna like the MP32.
Bob
Cook's MP-32, 20HP, 20' (modified w/ power feed, up/down, loader/turner)
DH kiln, CatClaw setter and sharpener, tandem trailer, log arch, tractor, thumb tacks

Sixacresand

Hi Kczbest.  Congratulations on the new mill.
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

Magicman

Quote from: kczbest on March 25, 2014, 07:24:14 PMI have always loved STATE so when I went to College that is where I went. 
I have had a Brother and three Grandchildren at State at various times.   8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

kczbest

Quote from: Magicman on March 25, 2014, 10:03:16 PM
Quote from: kczbest on March 25, 2014, 07:24:14 PMI have always loved STATE so when I went to College that is where I went. 
I have had a Brother and three Grandchildren at State at various times.   8)
Magicman, I can tell we are going to get along just fine. We may need to start a thread of STATE fans who also hate sweetgum!
Hail State!
2013 F150 Supercrew 4x4
Cook's MP 32

fat olde elf

Congrats on the MP 32. Bob Kellog and I bought one about the same time, 11 years ago..........Bob has done several mods on his saw. We are both very happy with  our saws and the great folks and service at Cooks.  I spoke at State before you were born and still have friends in Mississippi (besides Magicman !!) I love all Land Grant Universities even Purdue.   Cedarman went to Purdue.  I am proud of the very first Land Grant school (1855) and hope you watch Michigan State beat Virginia this weekend..................
Cook's MP-32 saw, MF-35, Several Husky Saws, Too Many Woodworking Tools, 4 PU's, Kind Wife.

flibob

I had the same thing happen to me in December.  Shot a guy a price above what I paid for my lt28 four years ago. Cost me 8 grand to upgrade to anew lt35hd.
The ranch is so big and I'm such a little cowboy

Thank You Sponsors!