iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

job pic large white oak

Started by Birchwood Logging, March 23, 2014, 08:36:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Birchwood Logging

John Deere 700H with winch, John Deere 550A with winch, Cat 232 Skid Steer,Cat 262c Skid Steer, Wood Mizer Lt 40 super HD, Ford F-700 and F-600 log trucks, Ford F-450 dump truck

Birchwood Logging

John Deere 700H with winch, John Deere 550A with winch, Cat 232 Skid Steer,Cat 262c Skid Steer, Wood Mizer Lt 40 super HD, Ford F-700 and F-600 log trucks, Ford F-450 dump truck

1270d

looks like you grow nice timber, as well as big hills!

thecfarm

Looks like some good size trees. Kinda muddy?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Birchwood Logging

Yep we have some real nice hard wood timber here in eastern ky a loggers dream but its a nightmare to get it out steep and rocky. I finally got me a new phone decided to take a few pics and try it out 

Birchwood Logging

Yea they are a little muddy had to drag them up and over a mountain. Any takers on some good white oak

Maple leaf guy

Birchwood...that looks awesome!! Your area looks alot like southeastern MN :-) They would make some pretty nice 1/4 sawn!!

treeslayer2003

coxy

nice oak    looks like my back yard the rocks and steep that's every day work for me up one hill down the other  8) 8)  thought that the south was flat as a pancake  :D :D  how s the 700 jd holding up

Autocar

If you don't have a home for those white oak yet give Graff Brothers a call I believe there pretty close to you,they have always paid good for white oak. Ive sold them logs over the years but fuel prices got so high that I sell closer to home now.
Bill

Ken

Sure would like to have trees that size to work with.
Lots of toys for working in the bush

tj240

Quote from: Birchwood Logging on March 23, 2014, 08:36:56 PM
Some job pics 

very nice pics thoses are some nice trees the 540 must have worked but by the looks of the mud or clay the dozer did the work. NICE TREES!!!
work with my father[jwilly] and my son. we have a 240 tj 160 barko[old] works great three generations working together

tj240

Quote from: Birchwood Logging on March 23, 2014, 08:36:56 PM
Some job pics 

sorry i thought it said 540 not 550 those dozers must have worked again nice wood
work with my father[jwilly] and my son. we have a 240 tj 160 barko[old] works great three generations working together

Birchwood Logging

The 700 is doing great fine dozer. We are in the Appalachian mountains I don't think there is a flat place around lol. Thanks autocar for the heads up on a white oak buyer I will try and contact them

Birchwood Logging

thecfarm

That poor truck!! I forgot,did you buy the truck you posted about??
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Birchwood Logging

Yep I bought it just about to get the bed finished all I like is building a head board and finding a driver

BargeMonkey

Quote from: thecfarm on March 25, 2014, 08:55:23 PM
That poor truck!! I forgot,did you buy the truck you posted about??

I really hate to say this, but your asking for trouble going down the road loaded like that, its great you guys can still run trucks like that but that's beyond loaded. I hope your insurance is paid up because someones going to own all your equipment when something happens. In NY you would be cuffed and stuffed running that down the road, and the DOT tickets would be 10x what the loads worth. Just think about that.

treeslayer2003

Quote from: Birchwood Logging on March 25, 2014, 08:48:01 PM

that looks like 2000 feet of dollars to me.  ;D
oh....you need a 10 wheeler really.

Bert

Nice looking trees. We are in a similar patch. White oak veneers are in the 2-3 dollar range per ft ( doyle) in this part of the country. Looks like they grow tall where your at. At 3 or 4 logs per tree that's a nice haul. Buyer might balk at the chocolate covering a bit. Looks like you had to wrestle them.
Saw you tomorrow!

bigred1951

down here in ky they dont say much to anybody for running them trucks they are very common. So hows the new truck working out for you? whats the plans for the old ford?

Dave Shepard

I know I'm beating a dead horse here, but it doesn't matter if the law looks the other way when they see a truck like that. If there is an accident, it will take a judge or jury a split second to find you at fault. Considering how over loaded that truck is, and it is even more over loaded than in any of the previous photos, the odds of an accident are greatly increased. It doesn't matter how slow you go, how many times you've gotten away with it, or how inconvenient it would be to operate in a safe manner, that truck is dangerous. Over loading is not a regional activity. It's been done everywhere in North America, from the Atlantic to the Pacific. From the top of Canada, to the bottom of Mexico. Especially in Mexico. ::) The laws of physics apply to everyone, everywhere.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

tj240

beautifull wood but like was sais earlier you need a truck up here in ny you would be in jail for that load or in bankruptsy

Birchwood Logging

It looks like a lot bigger load than what it really is I can haul 38k with the tags I have but I don't ever put that much on it I haul around 2000 feet a load weighs around 10 ton the truck empty is around 12k I know what the truck will handle safely. I'm in the process of building a log bed for my 10 wheeler its looking pretty good I will post some pics of it soon

luvmexfood

Post removed by author. After thinking it didn't come out as intended.
Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

Thank You Sponsors!