iDRY Vacuum Kilns

This is only a test...

Started by sprucebunny, June 19, 2004, 09:12:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sprucebunny

Thanks for thinking of me SwampDonkey---That's interesting but I didn't see anything about compression.
I finally found a great program for compression that offered target pixel count and side by side image comparison. Went back to the website to pay the $50 bucks and the website was broken/missing. Called the #s on the order page and they'd both been disconnected.  ??? >:(
This is entirely typical of my luck with things. So I'm going to stew about it for awhile.
Can't find another program that I understand for the same $.
I'm thinking of buying a used PC.
Love my new Mac. G4 w/ OS 10.something.
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

sprucebunny

sprucebunny

I finally did it. Optimized and the right size and EVERYTHING!!
I'm very excited ;D ;D

Jeff

That is a very nice picture. If you did that on a mac, you realize that makes you our official mac answer Lady ;)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

sprucebunny

UH OH ...You mean I got to remember all that?
The real problem is that none of the buttons after "UPLOAD" work quite right. Have to enter code manually 'cause the URL contains"php?" or is for the WHOLE image album.
Course that was actually easy compared to finding the optimization program . It is a PhotoShop tryout that expires in 30 days.It's optimizer is called ImageReady.
Jeff--I suspect that could be a very boring job after the level of Mac user response that I got. SwampDonkey found the PS tryout for me.

etat

Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

etat

Isawlogs, tryin to help him with a profil picture
Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

isawlogs

A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

isawlogs

OK ... now hows does it get from dear to where it needs to go  ???
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

isawlogs

Dat was easy.....When you havr a son dat undrestands these here machines..
 CK your the man .... thanks alot for doing this for me... Marcel

Marcel

etat

You're welcome.  Can't take all the credit, Tom helped too. :)

isawlogs

oh.... and I thought that I had figuered something out on my own  :-/  Tom did you beat me to it and put it in   If you did I want to thank you  :)

Marcel

etat

Heck, maybe ya did.  All's I did was to put the picture on the forum.  I guess only Tom knows! :)

Furby

isawlogs,
Are you the "golden boy"? ;)

Tom

Nope, twern't me.  I was watching a show on the National Geographic Channel about Lightening.  When I got back to the computer I found that y'all had been trying to do this and succeeded.  If you didn't do it, it might have been any admin. :)

etat

Well ain't that sumpthin.  I bet me and Isawlogs done it all by ourselves.  Now I KNOW we gonna have to get together one a these days and have us a drink and talk about how smart we are! :)

isawlogs

How smart we are .... That could be a long conversation ;) :)

Marcel

SwampDonkey

Sprucebunny

In PS trial you can select Image/Image Size in the menu and when the window pops up type in 349 pixels into the X field and it keeps the pictures aspect ratio by adjusting the Y pixels automatically. Then under the 'File' menu select 'Save for Web' and a new window opens with a slider to the right. As you move the slider left the percentage of image quality drops and you'll see under the image, to the lower left that the size of the file shrinks and the #kbits/sec at 56k decreases. Click on 'Save AS' in the upper right to save your new image for upload in the directory of your choosing. Don't neccessarily need to go into image ready. I never play with Image Ready, but probably works the same. ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

sprucebunny

isawlogs

Cool  Is dat a satelite picture of your forest or a closup of some little plant ??? ???

Marcel

sprucebunny

I feel the same way about it!! It's really just moss_sphagnum_I think but I like to take pics like this and try to make them look like airials(how do you spell that?) of a forest. ;D

Tom

You got it right.  It's T-H-A-T.   :D

Jeff

Um, Tom, I think its aerials  :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Tom