Started by sprucebunny, June 19, 2004, 09:12:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sprucebunny

half-track toolbox
And it didn't work
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

Tom

sprucebunny

I'm trying to post a picture .I have a Mac. Got the Graphic Converter . Got the picture into that .Think I got the picture onto FF upload page but then it dis appeared. I must have done something in the wrong order. Thanks for any help.JM

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

sprucebunny

Welllll.....yeah... Hey ..where'd you get that!?
Did it come through still a huge file?
Other than the fact that I have no idea what I'm doing, what could I be doing wrong?!!
I guess I'll have to read the instructions for the Graphic Converter.

So how do you like the half-track toolbox?Carries all your tools and a big lunch ,too.! The fallen trees aren't near the places I need corduroy so I guess I'll be the loader and this is a little forwarder. It will also skid a 14"dbh balsam just about anywhere you want!

Jeff

Its a little hard to see. You need to try to get your photos to a pixle width of about 300 to 350 for a good size, and then reduce the k size. Here is a secret that apparently nobody has figured out. I upped the limit on the file size over 3 months ago to 17k :)

I am not sure if the copy and paste buttons work in mac, in fact I bet they dont. You did upload the picture O.K., you just need to pu the code in your post box to make it appear. It would have looked like this:

[img]https://forestryforum.com/images/03_21_04/honda&tra.jpg [/img]

sprucebunny

OK That sounds like I can handle it. I know how to change the pixel bit.I had been aimimg low 'cause I can't see the finished(converted) file size.And I know it's probably really plain but just where do I get this code?
Thanks JM

Jeff

well, I can only guess on how to help because I know NOTHING on the workings of a mac.  I dont know what functions of the forum work or dont work.

Basically all that code is the beginning and ending image tags which you can type in, and the address of the uploaded picture in between. In windows you can get the address by right clicking on the photo and clicking properties you can then copy the address(URL)

Tom

Well shucks. :-/

..........and I thought you knew everything. :)

:D

Rocky_J

Jeff,
Macs only have one button on the mouse. So just imagine using a computer without having the right mouse button. Fine for surfing and reading, but not much else.  :-/

I was on a computer about 2 weeks before I found out about the right mouse button. Then it was like "WOW! Look at all the things I can do!" I had to use a Mac last November when I was visiting family up in CT. I felt helpless and all I could do was check my email and read a few posts. I couldn't even get the browser window to open up to the full size of  the monitor screen!

sprucebunny

On a Mac you just double click....I think.
Have been experimenting somemore with pics and not gaining.
They seem to get on the forum but I can't get them on the page.
That or I get the WHOLE photo index.RRRRRRR >:(
I must be really dumb.

sprucebunny

Jeff

Yer getting close!  Just put that between a set of image tags.

[img] and [/img]

sprucebunny

sprucebunny

Hi Jeff. Do I just type in the image tags?

Jeff

Either type them, or simply click the button above the smilies and it should put tags in the box for you. You replace the URL in the center with your pictures's address.

Again, not sure how this works with Mac, so typing may be the option.

Jeff

it would look like this:

[img]https://forestryforum.com/images/03_21_04/honda4pipe.jpg[/img]

sprucebunny

sprucebunny

Jeff

sprucebunny

I was SO excited that I forgot to say "Thank you, Jeff" for the help.
Now I need an "Optimizer" for Mac so the pics can be big enough to see. Resizeing with Photoshop just changes pixel count/photo size and they are too grainy and small to see.
Thanks again, Jeff!
 8)

Jeff

sprucebunny, most versions of photoshop have the ability to change the jpeg quality by % when saving. Look for that. It does not change the pixles size.  You can usually have a picture about 300-350 wide optimize well unless, at least I have found, it had a lot of red in it. Red does not crunch well.

Murf

I don't know if it works on a Mac or not, but a friend who is a graphic artist pointed me to a nifty little program, free of course, that is web-based.

It is remarkably easy to resize pictures using it.

You can run it by merely going to http://www.easyphoto.pl/_jnlp/easyPHOTO_0.jnlp

Then just open the image you want re-sized, then click 'image', 'resize' and then 'file', 'save as' and before you save it adjust the file size by moving the little slider in the upper right corner.

The part I like is it's a java script thingy so it will run right on top the FF upload page.

It makes it such an easy process that even I can do it.  :D
If you're going to break a law..... make sure it's Murphy's Law.

sprucebunny

I tried to go to the easyphoto site but my computer said that they wanted "unrestricted access to my computer" and recomended not continueing. Don't have pop-ups or other annoying things so I decided to skip it.
Wouldn't mind buying a program if I could test drive it. Meaning :make it work.

SwampDonkey

@ Sprucebunney

Try this open source graphic software for the Mac

Pixen 2 for Macintosh

I think cut is Command  X, copy is Command C and paste is Comand V.
I think control mouse 'click and hold' brings up a menu like in windows. You can also get a two buttom mouse with the new Macs.

Mouse Commands on MacOSX

I've used Mac's many times, the old 68K and PowerPC 604 cpu variety. In fact I run MacOS 7.6.1 under emulation (Fusion) on a 68k based computer when I so desire, full speed. Never used OSX because I don't have a PowerPC based computer. You can also run Mac 68 k under PC with the Basalisk emulator. Web browsing under the 68K Mac OS is terrible slow, compared to Pentium. But, the new G5's will run circles around Pentium and Windows. ;) For now I'll stick with me trusty Toshiba Satellite 600 mhz. ;)  :D

cheers
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))