iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

ive been building

Started by yukon cornelius, March 22, 2014, 09:53:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yukon cornelius

ive been pretty busy lately making all sorts of things. I thought id put a few pics on and share.

It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

yukon cornelius

yukon cornelius

that's just a few things. ive made a lot of multiples of most of those items also. today was a great day! I actually sold some of them. ok, so 4 items went to my mom but another guy bought a set of planter boxes to be shipped to him on Monday. maybe I can keep this momentum up.

hardtailjohn

Nice looking stuff, Yukon!
I'm so far behind, I think I'm ahead!

Den-Den

You may think that you can or may think you can't; either way, you are right.

Bill Gaiche

Don't you just love ERC. bg

JohnG28

The swing is awesome,  along with everything else!
Stihl MS361, 460 & 200T, Jonsered 490, Jonsereds 90, Husky 350 & 142, Homelite XL and Super XL

Magicman

Yes, you certainly have been building.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

justallan1

That's some nice looking stuff.

Allan

thecfarm

I like the key holders or whatever someone would use them for.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

21incher

Great job! you are a lucky man to have all that cedar to work with. Those planter boxes should move like hotcakes this time of the year.
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

petefrom bearswamp

Lookin good!
Wish I could get some ERC here to saw.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

yukon cornelius

we have a lot of cedar on us and all around us. I have only been milling small stuff from a ice storm years ago and property line cleaning. im having a good time whether they look good or not. today im making a bunch of little cedar crates for flowers. I hope to sell a bunch of them.

Busy Beaver Lumber

Very Nice work there Yukon. I really like those planter boxes.
Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
Epilog Mini 18 Laser Engraver with rotary axis
Digital Wood Carver CNC Machine
6 x 10 dump trailer
Grizzly 15in Spiral Cut Surface Planer
Grizzly 6in Spiral Cut Joiner
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

Save a tree...eat a beaver!

yukon cornelius

I just wish I knew the best way to sell my stuff. I like the building not the selling! my wife is going to try some craft shows. craigslist is a crapshoot there is so much scamming. God will point us in the right direction!

thecfarm

That stuff will sell itself. I have no idea how traffic is by your house. A few out by the road will help.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

yukon cornelius

we are on a dead end road that ends in Truman lake. with only one other house past us the only traffic we have is the mail man. on a busy day we have 3 cars and we all go outside to see who they are (we are hillbillies). our house sits down the hill far enough also id be afraid they might sprout legs and disappear.

thecfarm

Yep,just about like where I live. I am the first house,8 past me and we get all of the traffic. Mine is dirt road.

yukon cornelius

our road would be dirt if it weren't so rocky here. I built my house and shop on flat solid stone. our hill has a 5 foot fall in 18 feet. I dug into the hillside and found a shelf perfectly level and built on it.

we are trying to sell on a few internet sights with no luck. maybe prices aren't right. maybe shipping is to high. not sure. we are still in the beginning stages. I better keep on restoring old tractors cars and trucks for a while.

thecfarm

In one small town I kept seeing this guy driving around in a truck with some wooden lawn chairs in the back of his truck with a For Sale sign on them.

yukon cornelius

I should load my old van up with things I make and play banjo music through a PA and drive through neighborhoods and sell my wood stuff like the ice cream truck. im sure people would flock to a bearded guy in an old van playing banjo music creeping up and down the street to see if the could buy something.  :D :D :D

hackberry jake

are the planters stackable?
https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

yukon cornelius

the planters all stack inside each other for storage and for easy shipping.

hackberry jake

Quote from: yukon cornelius on March 25, 2014, 08:34:38 PM
the planters all stack inside each other for storage and for easy shipping.
And so people can fit more  in their car when they buy em from ya! I may just have to steal borrow that idea!
https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

yukon cornelius

well, ya know it would be easier for you if you bought a set from me for a pattern. just trying to make it easier on you!  :D :D :D

Thank You Sponsors!