iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

1940's Video of Winter Logging In Canada

Started by Billbob, March 21, 2014, 08:33:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Billbob

Here is a good video of logging on the Miramichi, New Brunswick, Canada from around the 1940's.  Shows life in the lumber camps, working in the woods and at the sawmill.  The violin music does get hard on the head after a while.  Man, those guys were tough!
Bill

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IxzKJFynzk#t=234
Woodland Hm126 sawmill, LS 72hp tractor with FEL, homemade log winch, 8ft pulp trailer, Husqvarna 50, Husqvarna 353, homemade wood splitter, 12ft dump trailer, Polaris Sportsman 500 with ATV dump trailer

Hilltop366

Great video Billbob, thanks for posting the link.

Though is a understatement.

Delawhere Jack

Magicman

O'Brien was some big outfit.  I am glad that they had the will and the means to make those old movies.   8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Billbob

It's hard to believe that all the wood in that mill yard was cut with a 2 man buck saw and axes.  The blisters are appearing on my hands just thinking about it.

My very good friend and retired colleague sent me the video.  He worked at that mill when he was a young man.  His father was in the video.  The gent with the two draft horses in the back of his truck.  The ships being loaded were at the port of Chatham on the Miramichi River.   Lots and lots of stories came out of there. 

Bill
Woodland Hm126 sawmill, LS 72hp tractor with FEL, homemade log winch, 8ft pulp trailer, Husqvarna 50, Husqvarna 353, homemade wood splitter, 12ft dump trailer, Polaris Sportsman 500 with ATV dump trailer

Thank You Sponsors!