iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

woodland mill

Started by goose63, March 21, 2014, 06:45:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

goose63

The mill will be here today picked up the steel Tuesday now  its on my trailer rusting and its raining
hope it stops so I can get the trailer built for the mill I hate welding in the rain >:(
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

Magicman

Sounds like it's raining on your parade, but delayed parades are still good.  At least you will have time to do your planning and have everything there when you begin.  ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

goose63

Stopped raining now a cold wind from the north
thy did not tell me it was gona take longer to get the mill out of the crate than put it gather let the fun begin  8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
goose

Andy White

goose63
You are correct. Now the fun begins! You will have that thing up and throwing sawdust in no time Be careful, and send pictures, lots of them.  Andy 8) 8)
Learning by day, aching by night, but loving every minute of it!! Running HM126 Woodland Mill, Stihl MS290, Homemade Log Arch, JD 5103/FEL and complete woodshop of American Delta tools.

Billbob

Quote from: goose63 on March 21, 2014, 06:45:04 AM
.... its raining hope it stops so I can get the trailer built for the mill I hate welding in the rain >:(

It's raining here too!  And I'm jumping for joy!  I'm just so glad that it's not snow!  8)
Woodland Hm126 sawmill, LS 72hp tractor with FEL, homemade log winch, 8ft pulp trailer, Husqvarna 50, Husqvarna 353, homemade wood splitter, 12ft dump trailer, Polaris Sportsman 500 with ATV dump trailer

Jimmy Mc

goose63
there is nothing like opening the crate of a new mill. Take a lot of pictures so we can all enjoy with you.
Jimmy McIntosh, HF band mill

muck

I ordered one today myself!
it looks like alot of fun

thecfarm

muck,and on what day is yours going to arrive? You will like it.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

dboyt

Quote from: goose63 on March 21, 2014, 06:45:04 AM
I hate welding in the rain >:(

It helps to wear rubber boots electricuted-smiley.  Best of luck with your mill!
Norwood MX34 Pro portable sawmill, 8N Ford, Lewis Winch

muck

It will ship monday or tuesday
the estimate 5-11 days shipping to CA.
there is a tracking number so im sure i'll wear that thing out following it across the country.
I have 64 logs on deck and am ready to hack away. ;D

I would love to see the trailer when your done!

goose63

Muck there will be lots of pictures no pictures it did not happen right ;D
goose

JamieT

Both you guys will be happy with your purchase  The mill works great! I bought the extra track, and cut 16.5ft boards! Ive cut hardwoods, softwoods, stood up stumps and cut discs, its worked flawlessly! The customer support is un matched! Might sound a little funny, but they are great guys! My only problem with the mill is that i cant stay away from it! Im hooked!! Good luck, and throw some dust!!
Learned just about everything I know, from the greatest man ive ever known. My father! Everything else was self taught thru the school of HARD KNOCKS ;-)

Billbob

Quote from: JamieT on March 22, 2014, 08:15:22 PM
Both you guys will be happy with your purchase  The mill works great! I bought the extra track, and cut 16.5ft boards! Ive cut hardwoods, softwoods, stood up stumps and cut discs, its worked flawlessly! The customer support is un matched! Might sound a little funny, but they are great guys! My only problem with the mill is that i cant stay away from it! Im hooked!! Good luck, and throw some dust!!

What breed of horse is that in your avatar, Jamie?  Hard to tell as it's a little dark.

Bill
Woodland Hm126 sawmill, LS 72hp tractor with FEL, homemade log winch, 8ft pulp trailer, Husqvarna 50, Husqvarna 353, homemade wood splitter, 12ft dump trailer, Polaris Sportsman 500 with ATV dump trailer

JamieT

That is "Sir Hank" he is a 9 year old Tennessee walker  Excellent horse. My 7 year old daughter rides him. He has a very smooth gait.
Learned just about everything I know, from the greatest man ive ever known. My father! Everything else was self taught thru the school of HARD KNOCKS ;-)

Billbob

Very nice!  Tennessee Walkers are a great breed.  I love their gait.

We have six horses in the barn, Quarter Horse, Thoroughbreds and a Morgan.  One of the many reasons I bought a Woodland mill is that I need to build a hay shed for round bales.  Now I'm getting a little carried away with it because I decided to build a mill shed, garage and machinery shed (that's just for starters!)

A few years ago I spent two winters logging so I could build the horse barn.  I used my neighbours Clydesdale to yard the logs.  I enjoyed that. 

Bill

JamieT

As much as I like that smooth ride,  im a quarter horse guy. Ive ridden them all my life. Purchased sir hank there for my daughters 7th birthday. He is the first walker I've owned, but im happy with him. I know what u mean far as the building goes. Have my poles set for my mill shed, then a new barn, then a kiln ect ect.......lol.

Billbob

Quote from: JamieT on March 22, 2014, 11:20:06 PM
As much as I like that smooth ride,  im a quarter horse guy. Ive ridden them all my life. Purchased sir hank there for my daughters 7th birthday. He is the first walker I've owned, but im happy with him. I know what u mean far as the building goes. Have my poles set for my mill shed, then a new barn, then a kiln ect ect.......lol.

Now that we have sawmills I think we'll have all of our projects finished about 3 days after we're dead! :laugh:

muck

Goooooose63 (calling out)

is it still raining there?

are you still trying to get it out of that steel crate?

(my excitement for mine is running all over the place, can't wait to see yours!)

goose63

Muck it stoped raining but now my brand new welder is not working >:( DanG >:(
when you get yours inside where the wheels are the idle wheel will have a v belt it will be 1 inch to big I called wood land thy told me that's the way it should be not to worry bought it
wish that  >:( welder would start working >:(
goose

muck

thank goodness my Fatherinlaw has a welder

I believe that belt keeps the sawdust outta the wheel.
i had read that somewhere on here i think.
sorry about the welder, hopefully its a quicky fix.

also your putting yours on a trailer, did you buy premade ramps to get the logs on?
are you parbuckling them on?

some where in the midwest is a lonley box trying to find its way home....

(tracking says its west of chicago!)

goose63

also your putting yours on a trailer, did you buy premade ramps to get the logs on?
are you parbuckling
making the ramps and using a 12 volt atv winch
welder is working I scared it will have to put a picture in of that one  ??? :rifle: no_no
goose

Thank You Sponsors!