iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Poulon Pro Pole Saw

Started by DR_Buck, September 02, 2017, 09:39:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DR_Buck

I have a Poulon Pro 445 pole saw that`s about 8 years old.  It`s always been hard to keep running.   It would almost never idle more than a minute or 2 befor quiting.   Now it won`t run at all.   I`ve replaced the fuel lines and best it will do is fire once or twice but never actually run.   It is getting plenty of fuel.

I`m at a point where I needed it and couldn`t waste anymore time on it so today I bought a new Stihl 133.   But,  I`d still like to figure out the Poulon and get it going.

Any ideas?
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

Al_Smith

I would not be surprised if the carb needs a refresh being 9 years old .I've got one too about that old and it's became a problem keeping it running .I just have not taken the time to look into it .It's on the "to do " list which seems to be getting longer rather than shorter .

Ada Shaker

Try the exhaust if it has a spark arrestor screen, may be clogged.....
Usually a sign if it idles a little but doesn't run.
If it hangs to the left, your likely to be a Husqvarna man.
If it hangs to the right, your likely to be a Stihl man.
Anything else is an uncomfortable compromise.
                             AND
Walking with one foot on either side of a barbed wire fence can become extremely uncomfortable at times.

dougand3

Good answers above.
Many people remove the muffler screen, if not in a tinderbox environment.
On the carb - you can remove, disassemble, clean (ultrasonic is best), put a rebuild kit in or buy a new carb for $30-$40. Should be C1M-W44 for this model.
Husky: 372xt, 272xp, 61, 55 (x3)...Poulan: 315, 4218 (x3), 2375, 2150, 2055, 2000 (x3)...Stihl 011AVT...Homelite XL...Saws come in broken, get fixed or parted, find new homes

Thank You Sponsors!