iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Maine Grit(s)

Started by Alcranb, March 18, 2014, 07:59:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alcranb

Who says there's no grit(s) in Maine?
Watching this evenings news and saw a feature on the Ft. Kent Maine Lions Club which just happens to be the largest Lions Club in Maine. It seems 24 of their members helped produce a calendar to raise funds for three select charities.
Now that may not sound like much but if you know how farrrr North Ft. Kent is and what they did...well I'd say that takes a whole lotta grit(s)   ;)
Way to go  smiley_thumbsup smiley_thumbsup
"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do.  So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.  (Mark Twain)

Magicman

Thems the kind that Ray has.   :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

red oaks lumber

grits don't exist above the frost line. :D which i believe should be somewhere in central america ;D
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

thecfarm

The only Maine grits I ever saw was at WM open house last year. Peter has a picture somewheres.
I won't be ordering a calendar. I like the Norman Rockwell ones much better.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: red oaks lumber on March 18, 2014, 08:19:50 PM
grits don't exist above the frost line. :D which i believe should be somewhere in central america ;D

:D :D :D :D  :D  Good 1 RO.

SwampDonkey

I'm a lot closer to Fort Kent than Ray is. He's in the deep south, of the 'other' Maine. :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Alcranb

Cfarm hate to tell you but they're greeting closer all the time. Saw these in the grocery store this week.  :-X

"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do.  So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.  (Mark Twain)

POSTON WIDEHEAD

YAWN.......its just a matter of time.  :D

SwampDonkey

Well, I live on the other side of the 'great wall', so they will never pass. ;D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

sandhills

Just remember what happened to the Berlin wall SD  :D.

Mooseherder

I was born in Fort Kent.  :)
Them crazy Katz pose nekkid for the calendar.
Lots of community spirit in that town with an awesome calendar of events year round.

thecfarm

Alcranb,I know them DanG things are getting closer to the Kittery Border each and every day. I am doing a very fine job on keeping them things on the South Side of the Border.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Holmes

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on March 18, 2014, 08:10:43 PM
Quote from: Magicman on March 18, 2014, 08:09:38 PM
Thems the kind that Ray has.   :D

Just curious Dave.  Am I seeing a digit in this picture? :o  ;D Looks like a hand to me
Think like a farmer.

Crow99

Sorry, guys.  Grits. Within 50 miles of Fort Kent, a bit north of Swamp Donkey, and a couple hundred miles north of Ray.
They're heeeere.....  ;D

5quarter

Crow...perhaps you read the directions upside down. Yer supposed to spread em out uncooked on the ice along the sidewalk so ya don't slip and hit yer noggin. you ain't supposed to cook em!
What is this leisure time of which you speak?
Blue Harbor Refinishing

SwampDonkey

Another transplant. Tar and feather.  :-X

red oaks lumber

now i gota virus on my computer  yuck! :) my chickens grit dont look nothing like that stuff :D
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

Mooseherder

Is that a drizzle of maple syrup to make them slide better?

Crow99

Let's .see .  If  I dump them  on the sidewalk, the snow flies might eat them and then explode. Don't want to deal with that mess.

SD... transplant yes but from another snow country place. No tar 'n' feathers yet..  I think Maine likes my tax money too much. Been here 36 years now anyway.

Yes it is maple syrup. I found that grits don't respond that we'll to sweetening.  That delicious corn tanginess is hard to suppress. So much for a gourmet experience I guess.

JohnM

Quote from: thecfarm on March 18, 2014, 10:27:22 PM
Alcranb,I know them DanG things are getting closer to the Kittery Border each and every day. I am doing a very fine job on keeping them things on the South Side of the Border.
It's a race between grits and EAB and we all lose! :(  (I'm ignoring Crows post...complete denial. blindsmiley)
Lucas 830 w/ slabber; Kubota L3710; Wallenstein logging winch; Split-fire splitter; Stihl 036; Jonsered 2150

thecfarm

My crusade will not be beaten down.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: thecfarm on March 20, 2014, 10:09:33 AM
My crusade will not be beaten down.

It will takes its toll on you......I've seen people give in to Grits before after a long battle. Its so sad, but after they accept the fact they have been fighting so long, their lives change for the better. Its a true miracle.
Poston 3:26

thecfarm

Do I dare ask what Poston 3:26 is?

Peter Drouin

Poston 3:26 :D :D :D :D :D :D materhead
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Thank You Sponsors!