iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

You have won a prize

Started by Ernie, March 17, 2014, 06:45:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ernie

TELL ME NOW !!! WHY WASN"T I TOLD 50 YEARS AGO EH!!!!!!!

Something to think about .......

Imagine that you had won the following *PRIZE* in a contest:

Each morning your bank would deposit $86,400 in your private account for your use. However, this prize has rules :
The set of rules:

1. Everything that you didn't spend during each day would be taken away from you.

2. You may not simply transfer money into some other account.

3. You may only spend it.

4. Each morning upon awakening, the bank opens your account with another $86,400 for that day.

5. The bank can end the game without warning; at any time it can say,"Game Over!" It can close the account and you will not receive a new one.

What would you personally do?

You would buy anything and everything you wanted right?
Not only for yourself, but for all the people you love and care for. Even for people you don't know, because you couldn't possibly spend it all on yourself, right?

You would try to spend every penny, and use it all, because you knew it would be replenished in the morning, right?

ACTUALLY, This GAME is REAL .........

Shocked ??? YES!

Each of us is already a winner of this *PRIZE*. We just can't seem to see it.

This PRIZE is *TIME*
1. Each morning we awaken to receive 86,400 seconds as a gift of life.

2. And when we go to sleep at night, any remaining time is NOT credited to us.

3. What we haven't used up that day is forever lost.
4. Yesterday is forever gone.
5. Each morning the account is refilled, but the bank can dissolve your account at any time WITHOUT WARNING ....

SO, what will YOU do with your 86,400 seconds?

Those seconds are worth so much more than the same amount in dollars. Think about that, and always think of this: Enjoy every second of your life, because time races by so much quicker than you think.

So take care of yourself, be happy, love deeply and enjoy life!

Here's wishing you a wonderful and beautiful day. 

Start spending ......

A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I simply love this post! Thanks Ernie.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

red oaks lumber

heck i thought i could keep sawing lumber knowing i wouldn't run out of money :D :D
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

clww

Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Alcranb

Outstanding!   smiley_clapping smiley_clapping

And why is that the older you get the faster time seems to move on?
"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do.  So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.  (Mark Twain)

WDH

Quote from: red oaks lumber on March 17, 2014, 06:52:36 PM
heck i thought i could keep sawing lumber knowing i wouldn't run out of money :D :D

So true  :)
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

thecfarm

Never looked at it that way.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

justallan1

A very good perspective. Thanks for posting.

Allan

coxy

thanks for posting  that is some thing to think about :)

WmFritz

Hmm... now I'll be up all night, Ernie.  :D :D :D
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

Farmerjw

I am typing slowly as Wed. I had a new artery put in my right arm, mid bicep to wrist, taken from left leg from ankle to mid thigh.  Ernie, is this yours?  I would love to commission BBeaver to make a plaque for my vascular surgeon.  Been wondering what to put on it. A little revision with your permission and acknowledge to you.  Okay?
Premier Bovine Scatologist

ET

Ernie, you got this Ernie thinking!  A good thing.
Lucas 1030, Slabber attachment, Husky 550XP, Ford 555B hoe, Blaze King Ultra, Vermeer chipper, 70 acres with 40 acres Woods.

Chuck White

Definately a cause for some serious thinking!

Thanks Ernie.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

petefrom bearswamp

Time is precious
I may have posted this thought before but here goes.
Life is like a roll of toilet paper, the nearer the end you get the faster it goes.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Wick

Man, I needed that, thanks!
Just for fun I'll still try to figure out how to spend the money.  :D
Timber Harvester 30HT25

Stephen1

I thank you for the thoughts it gives me Ernie.
I was told another one... Take a tape measure pull it out to about 85" ( the average age we will live to) and then put your finger on your age, look what has passed and what is left.
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

isawlogs

Won't be lookin' at the lotery ticket in the same manor from now on. Thanks Ernie, I don't know where you get all your little writings from, but please continue. I really enjoye reading you.  :)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

kevin19343

Soooo.... does this mean I'm not gettin' the money?

Cedarman

Kevin, you do get the money.  Haven't you heard,  "Time is money".
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

21incher

Great post. We need a like button.
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Magicman

Wonderful, but it seems that rather than spending my time, I just give it away.   ;)  And it is OK.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

LeeB

2. And when we go to sleep at night, any remaining time is NOT credited to us.

3. What we haven't used up that day is forever lost.
4. Yesterday is forever gone.

It may not be credited to us, but like the old saying goes, 'You have to spend money to make money'. You gotta sleep. You won't last long burning the candle at both ends. You're only investing in the next day's pay when you go to sleep.
Yesterday doesn't have to be forever gone, our memories can keep it alive, our hopes and dreams can build it into tomorrow.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

isawlogs

All put together we can be awise bunch of old men .... :)

Nice addition Lee. :)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

pineywoods

Excellent post Ernie. Made me stop and consider what I spent it on and what do I have to show for it. Truthfully, a lot was just wasted or not used at all.
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

Ernie

Quote from: Farmerjw on March 17, 2014, 10:01:04 PM
I am typing slowly as Wed. I had a new artery put in my right arm, mid bicep to wrist, taken from left leg from ankle to mid thigh.  Ernie, is this yours?  I would love to commission BBeaver to make a plaque for my vascular surgeon.  Been wondering what to put on it. A little revision with your permission and acknowledge to you.  Okay?

Feel free to use it as you will, I got it from a very good friend in response to a discussion that we were having about getting old and the increasing limitations we suffer as a result :( :(
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

Wick

Quote from: 21incher on March 18, 2014, 07:00:01 PM
Great post. We need a like button.

smiley_thumbsup          I think this is our like button.
Timber Harvester 30HT25

Thank You Sponsors!