iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

foreman 500 2014 any problems ???????

Started by roger 4400, March 16, 2014, 03:15:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roger 4400

Hi everyone. Looking to buy a new toy....oups a new TOOL ( honda foreman 500cc) and wonder if any of you have one and had any problems with it . Want to buy a manuel transmission and power steering.  I also want to know if there is any problems with the 2 wheel drive- 4 wheel drive button, is it very functional?
With the new 2014 we can lock the front differential so all wheel will have power (is-it fragile ?) We want it camo color because we hate the olive color and the plastic olive scratches very easily ( the bike in the showroom was already all scratched ) the camo  seems more resistant to scratches ( I know it is a tool  :D but it will be my whife's tool......so  ;D ....now you understand  :D ) We already have an old foreman 400 cc that I love.So what is your experience . Thank you .Roger
By the way, over here minus 10 C today.......spring looks far  ;D
Baker 18hd sawmill, massey Ferguson 1643, Farmi winch, mini forwarder, Honda foreman 400, f-250, many wood working tools, 200 acres wooden lots,6 kids and a lovely and a comprehensive wife...and now a Metavic 1150 m14 log loader so my tractor is a forwarder now

scouter Joe

We have 2 Honda 500s . Bought one new in 2008 and one used the same year . They are both 4X4 and haven't had any problems with the switch . The older one has a snow plow with it . So far we have only done oil changes and put gas im them . Very reliable . scouter Joe

Raider Bill

I've got a 03 foreman, tough machine. Love the 2wd/4wd switch as I normally run 2wd until I can't, flick the switch and most times I can walk though the crap. Sometimes though....
. Only thing is I wish it had power steering so my arms wouldn't get so beat up.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Glenn

My son just bought a new suzuki kingquad 500 last week.  Power steering and it has differential lock on top of the 4x4.  Way nicer machine than any of my hondas i have ever had and smooth to ride and operate.  Thats the one ill be buying next.

sprucebunny

Love my '04 Honda Rubicon 500. Solid rear axle, auto shift, but no 2x4/4x4 button. Have towed a 3500 pound trailer off road. ( a yard of 1.5" crushed rock in a 900 pound trailer)

I run tracks on it in the winter in deep snow, not a trail, with armstrong steering. You guys need to get in shape  :D !!!

Only problem I've had is an electrical connection near the rt. rear wheel that sneaks it's way undone. Could be it gets packed with snow  ;D
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

Wellmud

My son has an 05 Honda Foreman 500, never any problems, them Hondas are hard to beat.
Woodmizer LT35 manual, Kubota L3130, Farmi 351, Stihl 029 super, 3 Logrite canthooks

Red Good

Keep clean oil and good filters on it and it will last a long time . Have done a bunch of work on them but it has all been customer abuse stuff , no one makes a machine that will withstand neglect and abuse . Red
Stihl 211C saw
Massey 135 deisel tractor with a front loader
Can Am 800 max quad
2001 Chev S10 pick me up
Home made log arch

roger 4400

Thank you all for your answers. I'm aware about Honda's reliability, we have a 1988 and a Foreman 1996, strong reliable, the only thing we were afraid is the 2X4 button I guess that it is controlling a solenoid somewhere to activate 4x4 and I did not know the toughness of that part, my 1996 is always 4X4. Thank you again.
P.S: We are going this morning to order the new toy. You all gave the RIGHT ANSWERS  :D :D
Baker 18hd sawmill, massey Ferguson 1643, Farmi winch, mini forwarder, Honda foreman 400, f-250, many wood working tools, 200 acres wooden lots,6 kids and a lovely and a comprehensive wife...and now a Metavic 1150 m14 log loader so my tractor is a forwarder now

Thank You Sponsors!