iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The Forestry Forum

Started by Tom, February 12, 2002, 07:07:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

I have heard from a little bird that Jeff is to receive some kind of award from the Michigan DNR.  What's it for Jeff, Lime Island, Christmas Tree, MFRA.........?  I know you must know if I have already heard about it. :D

Jeff

I heard that too. Be proud guys, the Forestry Forum has been recognized!
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Jeff

I'm really pretty honored that the DNR would give me an award, but it has got a lot to do with this forum. And this forum is not me. It is each and everyone that chooses to contribute. So I want to thank each of you for helping this forum to become a resource that would even be considered for such an award.

I guess I better say what the deal is. Below is the information I have been sent by The Michigan DNR, I guess I will be actually getting the one we can touch the first of next month.

Certificate of Appreciation Awarded to Jeff Brokaw for your
exceptional contribution to the future of Michigan's forests.

Presented by Forest, Mineral and Fire Management Division
Michigan Department of Natural Resources.

Mr. Jeff Brokaw volunteered for a working weekend on Lime Island.  He and his family donated nearly 40 hours on general maintenance projects.  As if that weren't enough, he was so inspired by what the island had to offer that he purchased the URL limeisland.com and has began developing a website devoted to this beautiful state forest campground.  Jeff has been researching and working with the campground hosts to include information such as activities, history of the island (industrial and people), wildlife and flora identification, and photos past and present.  Until now, the history of this island has been scattered.  The historical documentation alone on this website will be used for many years by citizens of the state and visitors of Lime Island.

Michigan had the honor of sending the U.S. Capitol Holiday Tree—The Tree of Hope—to Washington D.C. this year.  Jeff spearheaded the Grades 10 through 12 Sustainable Forestry Webpage Contest and developed the education portion of the Tree of Hope webpage.  Among other things, he gave input on editing of a children's book, planning of community events, marketing of promotional items, and fundraising.  He is currently working on Forestry Field Trips for two prize winning classes which will take students from seed propagation to manufacturing of wood products.

In addition, Jeff founded, developed, and maintains a website, forestryforum.com, geared toward educating the general public about issues related to forestry.  Site components include information on forestry and logging, "Ask the Forester," sawmills and milling, chainsaws, and tree and plant identification.  The general public and members of the forum are encouraged to post questions and answers to forestry-related issues.

Mr. Brokaw's extensive knowledge in both forestry and computers has proven invaluable to many DNR, FMFMD projects.  His ambition and ability to network with his contacts in the forest industry has allowed us to explore options that we would not have had without his input.

CHARLIE

Wow! Quite a nice write up....and to think.... ::) I know that Jeff guy. Never met him, saw some pictures of him, but I know him. I even got a hat from him. Yep, mighty fine writeup for a fine man. 8) 8)
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Bud Man

The groves were God's first temples.. " A Forest Hymn"  by.. William Cullen Bryant

Texas Ranger

Could not have been presented to a finer fellow, unless,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,aw, never mind.

Congrats, bub.  Now, about that spell checker.............
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

swampwhiteoak

Well deserved award.  Congrats

woodmills1

James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Kevin

Congratulations Jeff, I know you more than deserve it.
We might just make you the next Governor !

Gordon

Now that is a mighty fine award your getting Jeff. They just don't hand that style of award out, you really have to earn and or deserve it. So all the sweat over the past year has been worth it in more ways than one.

Now tell us are you treating for dinners at the Golden Corrall? You know to celebrate and all. But let me rethink that it's a pretty darn long drive to your house from mine, so I"ll take a raincheck on that for now anyway. :)

Hay up your way the DNR doesn't usually hand out awards to people that don't work for them right? So let me say CONGRATS and well deserved!

Gordon

Tom

That's just got to be the neatest thing to happen the Forestry Forum this year.  Yeah we all share in the recognition but you're the one that took the time out of your schedule to attend the Tree stuff and to pick up trash on Lime Island and program the Forum and made things happen.  You deserve the recognition and I'm happy to be able to tag along.

Now there is more coming with the ornament auction and Lord knows what all else.  This is fun !

Thanks for sharing  these things with us.  I guess I have a pretty dependable "little bird"..........eh?  (that's canadian :D)

Corley5

Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

J_T

Congratulations And thanks for a great forum.
Jim Holloway

Don P

Jeff,
 What can a guy say, you're wall to wall and TREETOP TALL  8) 8)

Thanks for letting us ride you're coattails.

Frank_Pender

Jeff, you have been an fine footing and foundation for the rest of us to build upon.  All fine buildings need such a foundation and the rest begins to follow without much question.  Yet, you must too continue to help guide that building and inhance the structure to secure that all fits well as the building continues onward.  You certainly have done such things.  I for one fine a great deal of pleasure in such a forum to share my experience with others and perhaps help as well and glean knowledge and skills from others that post on this Forum.   No one is beyond learning.  I sure have taken more than I have given I am sure.  Thank you for the opportunity.   Again, congratulations on the Award and may there be many more such acknowledgements in your future. ;)
Frank Pender

Papa Dave

Congratulations, Jeff. We are pleased to see you honored. In this world, it is nice to see good things happen to good people.

DanG

Congratulations on a well deserved honor, Jeff.  We've known all along, what a great job you're doing, and now, other people are realizing it, too. I feel honored, just to be a participant, here, and I know you must be bustin' some buttons, over this.

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Jeff

QuoteCould not have been presented to a finer fellow, unless,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,aw, never mind.

Congrats, bub.  Now, about that spell checker.............

Don, Good News! We can have a spell check again!
All it will take is a diversion of $150 from the Staples foundation's annual contribution to un-wed mothers to the forestry forum. I will see that that funding will go directly to the spill chekcer

Thanks for all the congrats guys. Pat yourselves on the back while your at it.

Bill Johnson

Congratulations Jeff

It's nice to see you recognized for all the hours of hard work you've put into these projects.
Bill

Tillaway

A belated congrats to you for all your hard work.
Making Tillamook Bay safe for bait; one salmon at a time.

Phil

Hey, nice going, Jeff.  I'm fairly new to this forum, but I'm already convinced that the award is well-deserved.  Congratulaions.

Phil

timberbeast

8)  Dang,  missed it,  Jeff!!  Congrats,  and many thanks for this place,  it is a true pleasure to be associated with the folks here! :) :)
Where the heck is my axe???

David_c

i know i'm more than a year and half late but better late than ever congats well done and hey thanks for the forum. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)job well done.

C_Miller

and a hard working, publicly recognized jenius to boot.

Congratulatios

C

P.S. I don't see a problem with the spellcheck!
CJM

AtLast

you NEVER cease to amaze me Jeff....OUTSTANDING job...proud to be a member of this fourm and even prouder to Know you..WELL DONE.........now teachme how to post so DARN PICTURES!!!... :D ;D :D ;D :) ::)

Thank You Sponsors!