iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Stihl 170

Started by Onthesauk, March 15, 2014, 09:48:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Onthesauk

Bought a Stihl 170 a couple of years ago for pruning limbs and have been kind of smug about how easy they were to start and quick to sharpen.  Light.  Handy.

Then today I broke the starter rope.  Figured 10 minutes to put a new one on.  Not on these.  Have to drain it and virtually dismantle it to fix it.  Not quite as smug any longer. :(
John Deere 3038E
Sukuki LT-F500

Don't attribute irritating behavior to malevolence when mere stupidity will suffice as an explanation.

joe_indi

You are right.At times its like one of those puzzles where you have to put A through B, just when you are on the point of giving up, it falls into place.  :D

Joe

thecfarm

Those ropes last a long time.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Onthesauk

Actually this one only lasted about 2 years.  I'm wondering if anyone has tried Kevlar rope for something like this.  As tough as it is to replace it I'd hate to have to do that every 2 years.
John Deere 3038E
Sukuki LT-F500

Don't attribute irritating behavior to malevolence when mere stupidity will suffice as an explanation.

Thank You Sponsors!