iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

building a homemade firewood proccesor hydraulic input needed

Started by concretecutter, March 13, 2014, 02:23:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

concretecutter

I am building a firewood proccesor and i have a 21gpm pump on a 18hp motor.

What size hydraulic motors do you guys use on your live log decks and possibly a sprocket gear ratio to go with it going to be making a deck soon and will be using #60 roller chain and i will be welding nubs on the links, from surplus supply unless someone has a better chain idea.

Also what size hydraulic motor for the log advance table. any pictures will be great.

hdsuperglide1972

Good afternoon I have to get mine out of a bran that fell on it the i could get you the info u need. But go with a big cu in motor the more power the better. I used 50 chain for my drive its what was given to me.  The gpm of the pump will just make the big cu in motor run slow but you dont need the speed there you need power. The place you need the speed is the spliter and saw. Where in wi. are you I am about 1 hr north of GB. I would like to show you what I build and thing i would change if I did it agian. If you look at post shed going down that mine in there. ins draging there feet.

concretecutter

Ya that really sucks sorry about your luck theres been a lot of buildings coming down because of all the snow we got hope the insurance goes good, let me know when you get it dug out. I'm up near superior wi

hdsuperglide1972

Spent the day and got it dug out. I will get it home and get you some info you need.

concretecutter

blackfoot griz

Quote from: concretecutter on March 13, 2014, 02:23:37 PM
I am building a firewood proccesor and i have a 21gpm pump on a 18hp motor.

What size hydraulic motors do you guys use on your live log decks and possibly a sprocket gear ratio to go with it going to be making a deck soon and will be using #60 roller chain and i will be welding nubs on the links, from surplus supply unless someone has a better chain idea.

Also what size hydraulic motor for the log advance table. any pictures will be great.

21 gpm pump on an 18 hp motor?...is the pump a two stage? The reason I asked is that  it seems like there is not enough HP for the pump unless it is a two stage. Or, the pump only puts out 21 GPM @ 1250 psi.

On my processor, I used all #80 chain for the live deck, log trough etc.  It was just easier to buy chain in 50 ft spools and have the same connecting links etc.  For my log trough chain, I used 2080 H (heavy) and welded 1" x 1/2 inch channel.  I spaced the cleats about 18" apart and it works well.  Occasionally it will slip under the log but it will always advance it--I would rather it slip a little than jam. You can use standard "#80" sprockets to drive the 2080 if needed. The key is to use an odd # of teeth on the sprocket if you can.

Not positive which motors I used on the live deck & trough (some higher torque/lower RPM).  I'll have to check. My log trough can run too fast, but, It is easy to feather the control.

This is the only pic I have handy that shows the trough motor...

concretecutter

yes it is a two stage pump still debating on using the manual gas chainsaw on hinge or to buy a hydraulic chainsaw and rig that up problem with that is if i am cutting with hydraulics more than likely i wont have enough power to split at the same time do you have anymore pictures of your proccesor

Hilltop366

I all the youtube videos I have watched I can't recall seeing anyone cutting and splitting at the same time, however I'm not sure how well a 2 stage pump would work to run a saw.

Thank You Sponsors!