iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

carlton speed tip bar

Started by missouriboy, March 12, 2014, 09:44:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

missouriboy

Just want to know what you guys think about Carlton speed tip bars.

JohnG28

I believe they are the same as the old Windsor speed tip bars, of which I have 3. The saws they are on don't take a real beating, but they have held up very well IMHO.  Priced right too, especially for a solid bar.
Stihl MS361, 460 & 200T, Jonsered 490, Jonsereds 90, Husky 350 & 142, Homelite XL and Super XL

NCFarmboy

Quote from: JohnG28 on March 13, 2014, 08:20:02 AM
I believe they are the same as the old Windsor speed rip bars, of which I have 3. The saws they are on don't take a real beating, but they have held up very well IMHO.  Priced right too, especially for a solid bar.
I believe they are Windsor speed tips.  Have several like em a lot.  IMO they are as good as Oregon PowerMatch bars.
Shep
Lots & Lots of Saws

celliott

Quote from: NCFarmboy on March 13, 2014, 09:06:55 AM
Quote from: JohnG28 on March 13, 2014, 08:20:02 AM
I believe they are the same as the old Windsor speed rip bars, of which I have 3. The saws they are on don't take a real beating, but they have held up very well IMHO.  Priced right too, especially for a solid bar.
I believe they are Windsor speed tips.  Have several like em a lot.  IMO they are as good as Oregon PowerMatch bars.
Shep

And a tad cheaper too  8)
Chris Elliott

Clark 666C cable skidder
Husqvarna and Jonsered pro saws
265rx clearing saw
Professional maple tubing installer and maple sugaring worker, part time logger

JohnG28

That they are. They go on sale a lot also. Think the 24" I have came with a chain for around $65.
Stihl MS361, 460 & 200T, Jonsered 490, Jonsereds 90, Husky 350 & 142, Homelite XL and Super XL

celliott

24" B+C combo from baileys for large husky mount, oregon powermatch $89.99 last catalog I got.
Chris Elliott

Clark 666C cable skidder
Husqvarna and Jonsered pro saws
265rx clearing saw
Professional maple tubing installer and maple sugaring worker, part time logger

howitzer

We have been blowing tips left and right on the Carlton bars lately. Not just me other guys have had the same trouble. The saw shop where I do business stood behind them and sent me half doz. new tips.

Thank You Sponsors!